Hell froze over...

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Tarsius, May 2, 2013.

1. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

2. Offline

Jinx Community Member

that's gonna be OP. Cannot say how's acting in PvP but in PvE scepter hits pretty hard,being faster is gonna be lolburst. If Im not wrong Rinel is using Scepter - camparing the dmg on a gargoyle head in AC she was doing like x2 more dmg than my necro,both of us auto hitting. The projectile might be slower than the necro's but overall seemed like the scepter is throwing more projectiles per sec/minute lol... illusion?
  3. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Jinx: projectile speed, not attack speed. Overall it's going to be the same dps but harder to dodge. However, animation speed is directly linked to attack speed - that's why Quickness works as it is.

I'm happy about this small change. Scepter is still the only real long-range weapon for Guardian and it will make things better in PvP.
  4. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

Well you can run forwards as you are using it with swiftness, and all your projectiles get compressed into a small "blob" which would hit for some heavy burst ( if it hits at all ofc ) - faster projectiles should actually reduce that effect.

In any case, being able to run at the same speed as your shots is definitely broken, and the target prediction is laughable.

I was kiting a supply camp supervisor back and forth today whilst waiting 60 seconds for the invulnerability buff to expire, and there was another guardian trying to hit it with a scepter, his projectiles were flying about 45 degrees left and right of the actual npc, and he never hit it once at about 600 range.