Heads up - You need to enter your key today

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tal, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Tal The Architect

If anyone's at work and has their code (in an e-mail or whatever) - you'll have to enter it today otherwise you can't log in.

Kinda sucks as it's pretty early and the code entry website just doesn't seem to work! Better to try it now when it's less busy!
  2. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Glad I did that a few days ago. But isn't there maintenance, so the account pages don't work, or am I mistaken?
  3. Offline

Tal The Architect

I'm on the account page right now and getting to the point where I can enter a key is a nightmare. The web page keeps timing out.
  4. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

waiting room --> login --> waiting room --> login --> waiting room --> key entry page :) --> waiting room --> login..... garrrr
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

This was just after the maintenance finished, it's worse now (been in the waiting room for about 40mins) but thankfully i got my key entered eventually after the maintenance.
  6. Offline

Tal The Architect

7. Offline

Jende Community Member

dammit i have the same problem i should have redeemed it before , now i'm stuck waiting on the freaking site
  8. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Oh glad I'm heading out tonight. Amazon still hasn't sent my parcel containing the actual game. International delivery I guess but still. Pretty annoying that Bioware don't give more than two days of grace period for logging in after pre-order.

You can play... you can play... now you can't.... now you can.

Give us a chance at least - it's not like we're intentionally delaying the post!
  9. Offline

Tal The Architect

I entered the code and it said it was successfully applied... but the launcher says I don't have any gametime :(
  10. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

You need to subscribe to be able to play (even with 30 free days). They charge you immediately.
  11. Offline

Tal The Architect

Well... that's... er... something... Although it does say on the website that you will be charged at the end of the free game time.

Nevertheless, clicking the subscriptions button comes up with:

[IMG]
  12. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

No they don't, small print says your first payment will be taken at the end of your 30 days (although it is 29/28 atm as release was the 20th)
  13. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Except I did it yesterday, and they charged me.
  14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I hate this part of MMO's.
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Swedish issue?

I know that all MMO's that I have ever played have charged my Credit Card, Debit Card or PayPal on the day after my free-game time ends. Just looking at my PayPal account today I have a subscription setup and no payment has been taken. I also have an email from EA/Bioware saying ty, blah, blah, blah your first payment will be taken on the 2o/01/12 and subsequent payments will be taken every 3months. (Plus as I said and so did Tal, the small print says the same)
  16. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Kind of glad I didn't bunk off work today.... Makes me less sad face. But I will have this fun later I'm sure. Yay.
  17. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Possibly. I'll get in touch with their customer service, in case there was some kind of error. Ordered it over the site, so there shouldn't have been :/ Oh well.
  18. Offline

Tal The Architect

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if they did. That, tied with having to sign up for a subscription to use your retail game time is just typical EA.
  19. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

No that is industry standard.
  20. Offline

Tal The Architect

I'm almost certain I didn't have to do it for RIFT.

Just checked through all my e-mails and I can't find a single one saying I subscribed to anything, except "On Apr 5, 2011, the time included on your Game Time Card or Initial Period has expired and your access to RIFT is now deactivated."