Halp! I Needs a New Desk Chair

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fizzee, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Ok, so I'm a spritely young 25 year old, who is now suffering his first real bad back issue! And I have established that my desk chair is shit and definately the cause (currently using a dining chair as my lower back cries every time I sit in my desk chair.)

However....

I'm poor! As much as I'd love a £400-500 Herman Miller Aeron chair, I simply cannot afford to splash that much cash.

So, I need you guys to help me! suggest a good quality, comfortable chair I can use for many many hours without my back dying! Must be less than £150 and ideally less than £100 :p

I know it's a tall order, but there must be a bargin out there!
  2. Offline

Tal The Architect

3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

4. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I dunno how much Dxracer chairs cost in uk but if you can get it for money you are willing pay i would say go for it. Best chair ever.
  5. Offline

Ywvi Community Member

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the one I m using and no regrets !It is custom made for raiding in T2 !
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I want to believe!
  7. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

have you considered stealing chairs from your workplace? mine has to buy chairs in for people with bad backs, and stores the spares in our lockup, that only I visit. I have an endless supply of high quality office chairs. I just take the broken ones and piece them together into one working one that I can use.
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

[IMG]

ESPECIALLY FOR FIZZEE!!!!!
  9. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

10. Offline

Alaraum Veteran BOON

Or just simply try fitball, I have one & it is great ;)
  11. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

I think the chair is definitely an underrated gamer asset considering the amount of time we spend on it.

As previously mentionned, with your budget there's only Ikea really. Personnaly I use this one, almost went for that one tho. Ergonomic quality chairs are pricey but they last longer than Ikea one's. Better for your back etc. Lifetime for Ikea chair with extensive gaming use is 2-4 years max imo. After that the fake leather start to worn out and the chair makes funny noises.

Depends also if you are a fat fuck, if you have gastric issues which may alterate the faux leather faster etc. many parameters to take into consideration !
  12. Offline

Tal The Architect

Btw I have had the Ikea one for about 4 years, and bought it when it was like £105. No issues with it, it's still extremely comfortable, no funny noises and it has a 10 year guarantee.

Might be worth mentioning though that I'm not overweight.
  13. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Ordered the IKEA markus. Many thanks guys.
  14. Offline

Tal The Architect

Hope you like it!
  15. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON