GW2 WvW Massive PvP -FPS-

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Vissarion, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

So i want to through arround 100euros (for now) to upgrade a component on my PC,
    i have an old system but its playable at pve (arround 35FPS in mid settings), but when its on WvW at large teamfights fps are dropping down from 10 and there it gets unplayable.

Whats the better item to upgrade first so i can get that +10-15 fps so to become playable at least in WvW??

My specs now:
    - Pentium E6300 2.80GHz
    - Mobo: ASUS 5PKPL-AM SE
    - 2x1Gb DDR2 RAM (333MHz)
    - GeForce 8600 GT (1gb, bus 128bits, DDR2)
    - Windows XP 32bit
  2. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

The CPU is sub par but your lowest components are definitely ram and graphics card. Those both need to be upgraded, badly.

Even tho gw2 is far more cpu dependant, you have a very low score on both components. The problem is, you can't upgrade to a decent ram cause it probably wont be compatible with your current motherboard.

It's really cheap to get 4 or 8 gb of ram these days. Thing is, anyhting above 3.5gb of ram to be detected/functional/operational/usable your windows needs to be 64bit instead of 32.

And yeah, that graphics card... *shudder* The ati radeon 6870 is decent and cheap.

I'm afraid 100 euros won't get you far :/ That's more or less how much the graphics card alone will cost you.
  3. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

6870 costs closer to 200€ (in Greece at least)

Vissa, I'm afraid Selenus is right mate. There's no single part you can swap in that system that will get you far.
  4. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

ok guys ty for replies i will see what i will do ;)
    (start saving money :p)