GW2 will have beta in 2011

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Ebel, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Offline

Ebel Veteran BOON

Atleast we know there is going to be closed and open beta in 2011, they updated their faq on the offical site.

When will there be a beta?

We will be conducting small closed alpha and beta tests in 2011. The feedback from these tests will determine when we will do public beta tests and ship the game. Guild Wars 2 is a very large and ambitious game, and Guild Wars players rightfully have very high expectations. We want players to be absolutely blown away by the game the first time they experience it.

yay.
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Nice. Chances are it will be small numbers closed testing this year though.
  3. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Wow that best news this year so far! Keep going.
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Oh shit, I got excited :eek:. need new pants
  5. Offline

Furyon Community Member

nice ...hope NCWIN! wont dissapoint us....wat about blade and soul? any news? or continenth of the ninth C9? i realy want to try those 2 they look very dynamic

/fixed :p
  6. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

It is not really a ncsoft game, they just publish it.
  7. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

This
  8. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

I want a closed beta gw2 key :p Sign me up!

PS They updated beta FAQ but not the profession FAQ :) they don't have guardian there haha.
  9. Offline

Miyo Community Member

+1 : O
  10. Offline

shibbyy Community Member

I think if you sign up for the GW newsletter u get put into line for the beta, at least that's standard procedure so i signed up for it just incase!
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

From what I am aware of, there is no alpha that is open to the outside world yet, its all in house. Might be wrong and its being kept super duper secret, but when you see any interviews from last year, they said they had no testers outside their company.

So you would expect them to do some sort of alpha with non staff players before they would be able to do closed beta testing..... and all that before any open betas.... and all that before any talk of a launch.... so I think this game is still a little bit away yet.

Personally I hope they take their time with it as it has super amounts of potential and it would be ashame to see a rush to finish rather than let it "be ready when its ready" as they always tell us.
  12. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

They said many times that they wont rush anything coz its will be game like everyone want to play and it must bo really finished before release.
  13. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

i will be waiting for anything available, hope they launch it with a world cup like they did in gw1, for some extra incentives. this game has everything to be the best game ever.

And as so, i would like to say:"- plz release it when its ready.", but all i can think is, "-hurry up ya "mofos", the release should have been yesterday!". Its hard to wait for such a game ...
  14. Offline

Cranberries Community Member

I'll probably get 5-10 keys for guild wars 2, I'll check with my contacts to see if anything can be arranged. If I can get keys I'll distribute them to my friends first, then guild.
  15. Offline

Ary Community Member

I iz ur friend [IMG]
  16. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

I could be your friend [IMG]
  17. Offline

I meant friends as in rl/msn/facebook friends. I'd always consider guildies friends, but y'know the difference... although there are certain exceptions! ^^
  18. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

Where do you live, what's your msn, why do I feel like a creepy stalker?
  19. Offline

Lyantha, you've earned yourself a friend. Seriously I love that amount of awesomeness. <3
  20. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

the problem is not rly managing to get into, but to have to wait for ^^. But its good that you can manage it ;).