[GW2] Sylvari week before Gamescom

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Miyo, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Miyo Community Member

2. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

i thought it would have been the asura :(
  3. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

In your face! :p
  4. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Yeah, they're decided to just take Asura out I heard
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I'd know a couple of folks that would be pretty upset if they ever removed the Asura :(
  6. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

7. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

I'd be pretty happy... annihilate those rats!
  8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

prft.... haters!!
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Asura themesong: Purple gnomes, puuurple gnomes...
  10. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

Actually considering making the most obnoxious mesmer asura atm, the kind that looks down to everything and everybody, just to have all the races among my chars ;)

But my main will hopefully be a Sylvari... unless they really messed it up for me.
  11. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I'm not really willing to read-through the books or wiki-pages, so can anyone actually explain what the Sylvari will be like? To me they sound like a new race of tree-huggers born out of ..well tree's. All the other races seem fairly interesting and have strong traits, but that may be because I played GW1.
  12. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

They had a redesign, so nobody knows for sure. If you offer Acina or Fallanx some... services you might get to know more.
  13. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I need boobs for that.
  14. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Start eatin'.
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

those are moobs not boobs, but we can trade moobs for boobs if you're THAT interested.
  16. Offline

Mizou Community Member

i bet your moobs are bigger then maskerads boobs
  17. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

yup massive! extra soft and hairy. Unfortunately we seem to have killed another topic, I blame you Mask!
  18. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

It's just a punishment for my e-sports thread ^^
  19. Offline

Amannelle Community Member

I can answer that for you, Alaisy. :)

[IMG]

The Sylvari are a race of sentient plants, essentially. They come from the Pale Tree, which is also sentient. While growing in the golden fruit of the Pale Tree, the Sylvari are telepathically linked to their mother and to "The Dream", which could be thought of like a lake filled with memories. Each Sylvari sort of takes a "bucket-worth" from that collection of memories, which can be in fragments, and could include momentary visions, experiences, or emotions.

Now, while they DO have a mild empathic connection, they do not have a hive-mind. Once they emerge from the fruit, they no longer have their direct link to the Dream. However, their experiences will go back to the Pale Tree and pour into that collection of memories for other newborn sylvari to experience.

The Sylvari are very young, the oldest members being 23 years old. Due to the dream (and the fact their mother teaches them all they need to know while in the Dream), they are fully mature at birth. Sylvari naturally have the urge to learn and discover new things, and are very curious. For this reason, they are intrigued by new technology, new information, etc.

:D As said earlier, they are plants. Oddly enough, though, they look very much like humans. Currently the reason behind this is unknown, though it could have something to do with the Pale Tree growing up as a sapling with Ronan who was a human, as well as the fact that she was planted on top of a mass burial site (and could have observed and copied the human design). Despite their humanoid appearance, however, sylvari are plants. As such, they are cold blooded, and their "blood" consists of a golden sap.

If you have any other questions, or need me to elaborate on something for you (Sylvari lore can be confusing at first), please feel free to ask! :D

~Matt
  20. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Fully mature at birth?! OUCH