[GW2] Sea of Sorrow, third and last book

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by F U R I E, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Triggersad, over at TalkTyria posted some predictions about what he thinks the next Guild Wars novel will be about. I think they’re some good predictions, and I’m sure one of them may end up being true, or even, more than one.
    However I have my own thoughts on the next novel which I’ve posted a few times here and there. Mostly thoughts on who the next author could be. In summary, since Jeff Grubb, Matt Forbeck and J. Robert King all belong to the same writers group, I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone from the same group as author, or someone else familiar to Guild Wars fans like Ree Soesbee.
    The main thrust of Triggers post of course is the subject matter, what will it be about?
    Ghosts of Ascalon takes place about 1 year before Guild Wars 2 and Edge of Destiny about 5 years. All three books are meant to be a bridge between the original game and the next. The third book then must take place even before Edge.

Here’s another thing I’ve always wondered about. This piece of concept art.

[IMG]
    Speculation has it that the eye-patched individual is related to the Thackeray family, and the art has been around for a while. Somewhere along the way the image was titled Battle at Orr and it seems quite epic. I’ve always thought that if Patch is a specific character then the art must be for a specific purpose. Especially since the time frame seems to be before the Guild Wars 2 era.
    The dwarf as well is out of place, as if to speak to a specific character. Concept art is usually vague and unspecific to allow for imaginations to run wild. I’ve always thought we’d see these two.
    So I think the 3rd book will be about Zhaitan and attempts to kill him. A battle in Orr.

EDIT: Just by chance I searched Guild Wars at Simon & Schuster’s website. Sea of Sorrows by Ree Soesbee.
    Further Edit: Cheiron from Guild Wars 2 Forum added a nice comment in the post. He searched for the ISBN and found a reference to Steven Savile as co-author, perhaps a Jeff Grubb/Matt Forbeck situation. There was also this.
    Thanks Cheiron.

Edit: Savile is no longer attached to the book apparently.
  2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Is there any sort of relese date?

I've read the other two twice now :(
  3. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Sounds pretty spot-on, hopefully he is right and we are going to experience the awakeking of the first dragon in the last book. (Even though i was secretly hoping they were going to add it as part of GuildWars: Beyond but it doesnt seem that likely :p)
    The placeholder release date for the book is 27th March 2012, which it pretty much confirms my personal theory about the GW2 release date (28th April like 2 of the 3 campaigns of GW1)
  4. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Seems about right with the closed beta being "later this year", the start of CBT is usually about a 6-month release window
  5. Offline

Ave Community Member

QQ, i think they newer translate other two books into Russian. 1st book was translated after 3 months, and still no info about 2nd one
  6. Offline

Miyo Community Member

atleast u got one translated, i had to read both in english :D... tbh wasnt so bad, always its some chance to learn something :)
  7. Offline

Ave Community Member

Yeah, i'm try to order books from ebay or amazon and no luck. ebay sellers don't wanna ship smth to Russia, coz our fking post steal packages content, and at amazon only e-books available to Russian users.
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I am so gonna get me one of them eye-patches on my toon if I ever play this game. With a little luck, maybe it'll cost me 75$ (lolol CCP-monocle-fail).