GW2 Junkies With WvW Devs.

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Fizzee, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Check it out here.
    The same show who hosted chops a few weeks back have hosted 2 Devs, Habib Loew - WvW team coordinator and Matt Witter - Systems Designer.

To summarise.
    No new WvW maps any time soon
    1 week rotations to stay
    no plans to address population issues
    transfers are not a big issue
    Feb patch = progression stuff
    no live scores any time soon
    No raid management tools planned or wanted by devs
    They want WvW to be casual friendly
    no planned changes for commander system.
  2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

oh public!
  3. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

to be fair theonly things I want from WvW are raid tools and progression, so got half,, and well if we had raid tools we are destroy even more than we do now tbh.
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I think that's why they don't want the stuff... It's been made pretty clear that WvW is supposed to be casual friendly and not an esport.
    I tried to make my post neutral to oppinion, but truth is I'm pretty disappointed with the direction the game, and of course the gaming scene in general has.

And on top of that Acina crushed my AA hopes in the other thread :(
    Ah well, at least it's still fun I guess.
  5. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Bit offtopic but i think we can all agree on this, but tbh there isnt anything better out there right now, and as long as we have fun, i'm playing.
  6. Offline

HardKoar Community Member

It's a pvE game, they have been saying it tbh , it sux though but yea.. Archeage gonna keep me busy out of all calls.
  7. Offline

Nariko Community Member

I caught myself considering going back to "Aion" - was only a brief thought .. for now gw2 can still keep me somewhat busy
  8. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

What do they mean by "progression stuff"?
  9. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

Probably the Ascended gear that at this time you can only obtain from the Fractals of the Mist dungeon.
  10. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

So basically they aren't doing anything
  11. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Don't think so, its easier to believe they actually aren't saying everything they have on the oven.
  12. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Worth a look, my biggest gripe with the game atm is the lack of any meaningful character progression post level cap.

Renown Ranks please!
  13. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

FTFY, goes for all games nowdays :)
  14. Offline

Jinx Community Member

December and January are known to be slack months with just finishing work to be done... so I were expecting that but didnt expect to be SOOOO BAD.

Mark my words - their spvp "esport" wont be even considered as pvp in its current state. There's no way this...thing to be even considered player versus player gameplay not to even think of esport lol. 4 poorly designed maps where the goal is to defend a point rather than killing someone... right -.- Doomed to fail.

Well,obviously Anet is not anything different from the other game developing companies and they,as all the rest,dont realise that THE most played games,regardless of the gerne, are those focused on competitive gameplay with huge emphasise on PvP with ranking system,room for awesome and on time moves,all kind of stuff on which players can boast and brag about their super-duper skills. Well,sadly,GW2 has none of these... but no tears to be shed! WE HAVE FOTM!FTW!

Meh, when Im back in January I'll reconsider my gameplay and prolly go more casual. Not like I am playing or intend to play other games,not at all but I just feel all the fun is ruined and as part of the playerbase of GW2,I feel neglected and just ditched in the corner to wait for gamebreaking monthly patches so I can start enjoying the game they promised Guild Wars 2 to be like. Culling,night capping,zerg,skill delay,server lag,broken economy,bad bots/hackers management,classes balance,long distant gameplay persepctives and overall entertainment of the playerbase... Anet should really highlight that they are part of NcSoft company on their official web page. They've created one "normal" for NcSoft game... Sorry,my bad,female characters in GW2 wear way more clothes! :alien:
  15. Offline

Agreed 100%
  16. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

Yeah i can't stand spvp even tho i tried hard too, even tho i didn't play a huge amount of gw1 i think its pvp system is way better much more skilled based, i never did play GvG but liked watching the built in recordings of matches and yet they didn't add anything like this to gw2
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

This was brought up by many people, many times, long long ago.... but was ignored, sadly.
  18. Offline

When they ask me about Gw2 , I usually answer its Diablo 3.

What i mean is, Diablo 3 also is shit , not even remotly scratching what D2 was.
    Gw2 did the same , not even remotly scratching what Gw1 was .

Sadly, but hey do not dispair my fellowmans! The 2nd jennuary is closing in !;)
  19. Offline

Nariko Community Member

PVP in Gw1 was epic - hell even the gvgs were awesome. Spvp shouldnt even be considered as pvp compared to the old game.

Use to live in Hoh- winning meant something, constant updates, new builds - it was teamplay/teamskill

Really miss it.