[GW2] Daniel Dociu Wins Exposé Grand Master Award

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by F U R I E, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

[IMG]

Congratulations to ArenaNet Art Director Daniel Dociu, who was recently selected for the Grand Master Award in Exposé 9, Ballistic Publishing’s 2011 digital art annual. Daniel Dociu joins the ranks of former Grand Master winners such as H.R. Giger, Syd Mead, John Berkey, and original Star Wars artist Ralph McQuarrie – pretty impressive company to keep!

Exposé is an annual showcase of the best in digital art, and this year’s issue features a vivid six-page spread of some of Daniel Dociu’s best work. Daniel’s artwork in the book has been described by critics as “possessing an immense feeling of depth and scale” and “something to be marveled at” and we couldn’t agree more. In addition to the Exposé honor, Daniel was once again selected by the Lürzer’s Archive jury to be included in “200 Best Illustrators,” a biennial collection of the best the industry has to offer.
    Here are a few examples of Daniel’s Guild Wars 2 digital concept art that reflect not just a sense of depth and scale, but of grandeur and awe.

[IMG]

Daniel just recently finished this dramatic piece, Durmand Priory, below. Click to enlarge in order to appreciate the level of detail and true spectacle of the piece.

[IMG]

ArenaNet was also represented this year in the pages of Exposé by concept artist Kekai Kotaki, who won a Master Award in the Game Art category with Fire Elemental, an incredible piece of Guild Wars 2 concept art. Kekai has several other pieces of Guild Wars 2 concept art in this year’s Exposé in addition to the Master Award winning piece seen below. Congratulations, Kekai!

[IMG]
  2. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

[IMG]

Found my new wallpaper ;D
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

wtb his skill :(