[GW2]Bossfight. Gamescom 2011

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Gekido, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Here you can find a one of the bigger boss fights in the game, that was played at the Gamescom 2011 recently. So if anyone missed it on the stream, check it out.
  2. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Tequal is one of the smallest dragons, smaller even than the shatterer :p
  3. Offline

Gekido Community Member

I wasn't talking about the size of the boss, i was talking about the size of the fight. :) Ofcourse, there will be much bigger fights, but as the devs said themselves - this fight is one of the larger scale fights in the game. ;)
  4. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

I guess the size of the fight kinda depends on how many people are actually in the area, there's no set number of players needed to kill these kind of bosses in GW2 as they scale up related to the number of players partecipating. For sure its one of the biggest fight they showed so far in all the demos, i can see at least 70 players partecipating in that video. ANet is going heavy on this gamescom event :p
  5. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

The speed of these fights are just intense! So much action going on at once, this looks like it'll blow Tera and it's action style combat clean out of the water.

Hope they release this soon as I'm getting twitchy.
  6. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I want to be there!
  7. Offline

Gib Community Member

Well that's it... if I wasn't convinced before that big ass dragon fight just did it.

I never played Guild Wars, I probably should have. But it looks like the developers take the view that a high quality game is the aim, not the highest number of subs. Now obviously enough they need to make money, but I get a feeling they approach this much more like CCP does with EvE rather than Blizzard with WoW.

Very excited about GW2 now, bring it on.
  8. Offline

Mizou Community Member

many times i heard that GW2 without raid dungeons will be shit or boring till i told them they can raid the whole world and everything scales up to the amount of players they bring. suddenly nobody was talking anymore and i asked what happend, one guy said this would be too much, he never could imagine such a insane thing and almost everyone agreed.

even if you did everything in gw2, there might be an event somewhere you missed since there are simply too many :) (which is epic good)
  9. Offline

Gib Community Member

More I think about this the better it gets and you hit it on the head really. With raid dungeons the bosses are always there, and only there, and somehow don't feel a threat to the world. Monsters turning up when they feel like it and "invading" feels much more realistic and threatening to the world. It also means more player generated content in terms of going out and hunting down the events, scouting the world, looking for the danger.

Bit RP maybe, but certainly more immersive.
  10. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

I am more like this:
    "I have played Guild Wars. It was awesome.
    However gw2 will be, i'll play it for years."

I've never played a dungeon game anyway, unless Aion had dungeons. :p
    And comon, how epic can you try to make a game. Their concept is not AAA but AAAA.
    I hope they can evade some major problems, like Aion's server balance. :D
  11. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Still, raiding world bosses that anyone can engage and get some crappy loot from that doesn't matter isn't the same as instanced raid dungeons which some people like for not entirely unknown reasons.
  12. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

You have to buy/craft good gear anyway... No need to grind instances. :p
  13. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I'm not talking exclusively about gear (people play for more than just epics), but we also have no idea about how that'll work, but atleast in GW1 the gear dependancy was very low, albeit where it'll be from, crafting, vendors, pvp, dragons or whatever bosses, etc.