[GW2] ANet Unveils Thief the 6th Profession for GW2 and the Norn starting area.

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Acina, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

[IMG]

Guild Wars 2 Reveals the Thief, the 6th Profession

To the surprise of everyone that attended GDC this week in San Francisco where the ArenaNet team let slip the 6th profession reveal the Thief. Attendees were able to enjoy an up close look at the new class and some face time with the new Norn starting area Hoelbrak.

Now as some of the more studious of you out there you will also know that this information was accidentally leaked earlier today, as this reveal is now official with the following snippet from the press release:

"As a master of stealth and surprise, the thief is deadly in single combat – particularly when catching enemies off guard. Thieves compensate for their relatively low armor and health by being quick and evasive. They can travel through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them as weapons."

Even better news is that the Thief is not a re-skinned Assassin, which will definitely please many of you out there, so without much further ado, check out these game play videos of the the Guardian (full skills demo) and the Thief the 6th addition to the GW2 profession fold.

Guardian gameplay Footage:

Thief:

Make sure you check out the dual pistol action, all I can say is OMG, this is going to be a very fun class to play.

More information to follow, including the usual skill breakdowns and videos that ArenaNet post!
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

That dual pistol ability..... [IMG]
  3. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

[IMG] !!!!
    This is awesome! another one of our suspicions got confirmed!! :) I hope that the last 2 will be mesmer and gunner/engineer :D
    (not sure if gunner is still on the table after seeing the dual pistol devil may cry style :D <- look this is not a sad face, because this dual pistol is simply ama-zing)
  4. Offline

Gwain Community Member

[IMG] joining to you
  5. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

In the video they give you a few of the ability names and show you them working, but when ArenaNet do a proper reveal on their site with the skill videos and such like the previous reveals I will copy them over to here. Probably will be just before or during PAX East.
  7. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

Oh they also have a new feature in GW... Think you have to pay for it now, but if I read it correctly you can use your alts as heroes for the char you're playing on.
  8. Offline

Miyo Community Member

9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Seems Miyo has picked his class. :D
  10. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

If wolfen plays gw2 he will play this for sure too :p i have to let him know about this ehehe

btw aspira, check your PM!
  11. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

:Q_____
    It will be a tough choice to choose a class at launch, they are all amazing!
  12. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

God I think im gonna play this class!

Btw so far each class look like better archer than Archer class ^^
  13. Offline

Miyo Community Member

i thought i`ll be playing ranger... but now, i have no idea... seriously.. [IMG]
  14. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

how does gw2 work anyway, If i havent even touched gw1 will i be a gimped because i heard that veteran players get a bunch of rewards?
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The rewards are titles which do nothing but show that you were pro at GW1, and there are also some items you can get which are only really to help you out at low levels.

At endgame there is no benefit GW1 players have over GW2 players via the Hall Of Monuments system. Just some titles you won't be able to get.
  16. Offline

Ebel Veteran BOON

Mmm this class is the first one on my list now. :D
  17. Offline

Lydia Community Member

Oh my this game looks good!

I havn't really read alot about it, but are there some kinda information on the betas or release? Is it coming this year or in couple years?
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

There is an update on their FAQ page that says there will be a beta of some sorts this year at some point. No further information is given.

Release date is expected to be Q4 this year at the earliest from what you read around the internet and ArenaNet haven't given a firm release date. Simply, it will be released once its ready.
  19. Offline

Lydia Community Member

Love how the engine seems to work in gw2. They must have put alot of effort in it. I watched a couple pvp-rift videos months ago and somehow its engine seemed quite alot like warhammer onlines, I mean it seemed a bit clumsy or something. I mean you saw other people lagging and uncertain from their real position. But now in the boon's first page videos it looks alot better and quite promising also.

Wish you all good luck in the game :)