[GW1] the one and only guide for almost everything

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Domain, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

hey, awesome forum ;)

well, the only thing needed is:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

obviously i know, but still, i've done most of the things based on this -> quests/missions/find locations/almost everything and for most of it incredibly accurate.

what lacks? some builds.
  2. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Actually, guildwiki has a lot of info that the official one doesn't have and there is also pvx wiki with builds for all pve related (and some pvp gimmicks aswell)

Both guildwiki and pvxwiki are hosted on wikia but they are on the process of moving to curse, since wikia changed the template and it SUX BALLS now :p
  3. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

They are all good I am a GW 1 noob,, lvl 5 here I come!
  4. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

I only have nighfall collectors edition xD should i buy the rest or just stick to that one :p xD
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Nightfall is a pretty cool story, its very easy to get into and you get access to Hero's early to help you along. You will need to eventually get Eye of the North as this will allow you to populate your Hall of Monuments.

You can add Prophecies and/or Factions at a later date so you can play through their story arc's, one thing I will say is that the latest 2 story arc's (which are lead in's to GW2) both require GW:EN and Prophecies to play their content, they are part of Guild Wars: Beyond (so far 'War in Kryta' and 'Heart of the North').
  6. Offline

okies so if i get eye of north today :p and others later that be ok?
  7. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Yup :)
  8. Offline

well nc store wouldnt take the card I am using soooo I ordered the complete collection from amazon and saved £20 xD be here on tuesday soo ill just use the account i have now just to mess about xD
  9. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Damn, thats a pretty awesome price. Looks like they are discontinuing the complete edition tho as its not on either of the ncsoft stores or Amazon.com
  10. Offline

11. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

i think ppl should start in GW: prophecies, following up to Factions and then nightfall. In last go to the eye of the north, finish it along with the GW: beyond content, and read the book Ghosts of Ascalon. Its an awesome experience of gameplay and lore. the more you know about it, the more you want to play and the more you want to read.

Why this choice of progression?
    Prophecies is the best, plus alot of other reasons that you will know in time :p, not gonna spoil your fun. But for now in terms of lore and content available before you reach the "max level" prophecies is the choice.
  12. Offline

D-KOI Community Member

Got GW1 aswell, stupid Safety question... :S

Ah well, contacting support for that

Think I got some new pets incoming aswell
  13. Offline

yeah i had that problem too couldnt remember my charas names lol xD and when they told me i remember why i forgot them xD aka they were terribad lol
  14. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

You guys started playing GW1?

I have a guild there, and I own Nya in it :p
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

We are all playing. Most are playing casually just to get there HoM done, but there are a few guys who are GW1 players since launch who are frustrated at our slow progress and are desprate to get us all PvPig with them. :p
  16. Offline

I don't have Eye of north yet!!! damn u mail system in uk lol xD but as soon as i have ill be doing my HoM
  17. Offline

Ebel Veteran BOON

What class is the easiest to pick im starting gw again only pl;ayed it like 5 hours total lol.
  18. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

honestly? im not sure.

every class has its strenghts.

When you start, all the classes may be easy to play due to the "friendly user" "easy to play" starting game setup. In the end, each one of them requires skill to master and time to perfect.

And thats my opinion, however theres a general idea that:

Paragons might be the easiest class to start with.
  19. Offline

Miha Community Member

20. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

Maybe I should move my char into your guild, mine is empty at the moment (none playing). I'll bug you when I get online (although I almost never do, but maybe during the holidays when I will have more time).