[GW1] Kamasutrah's new journey into Guild Wars.

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Kamasutrah, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

Today is the day I finally got all 4 guild wars episodes. I have played guild wars Nightfall for 27 months as a Paragon / Monk called Kama Su Trah *according to my game statistics lol* My prior game knowledge came from playing that. So I felt confident in playing the two prior episodes Prophecies and Factions. Oh how wrong was I lol. I need to start filling up my Hall of Monuments for guild wars 2 so starting a new character was the first starting point I need to do so I can get started on the filling.

I started a character on Prophecies which was an Elementalist. I quickly realised that it differs from the following guild wars episodes as you do not get heros nor npc henchmen joining you at the start. You either go alone or find a fellow ally * another player* to join you.

Well I started out alone reaching lvl 3 but I grew too confident and got obliterated by 4 mobs as I was trying to do a quest. Oh well I thought delete and try again. Only to find I would fail at the same quest even though I was very wary on what I was doing. Deleted again ahahaha xD

I tried a necromancer next to not even get to the quest I first died from cue me pulling out hair ahaha. Man nightfall was easier than this xD

Next up warrior didn't like the class so I deleted.

So I thought lets try factions as I can always go back to Prophecies at a later stage.

So far so good no deaths as of yet I have made a Ritualist and an Assassin. As of now no deaths and you get 3 npc henchmen to join you from start which is a help. With my Ritualist I chose a healer, guardian and shock which in turn are Monk, Warrior and Elementalist classes as my henchmen. I am lvl 3 so far and no deaths *yay* and things going well let hope this continues for the rest of the afternoon and into the evening. Although I am not bonding to the Ritualist class as I did with the Paragon class in Nightfall but its early at the moment and the class not showing its potential. I need to choose a 2nd class now and rather stuck on what would make a good 2nd class. Sooooo I think I will do some net surfing and read up on some things before I make the choice. On that note guess its surfing time.

If the nets fails me I can always ask in the IRC channel on the seasoned players what choice I should go for. I guess ..... I update later on what choice I finally took and how my journey is going.
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

first things first, check if the profession has a nice /dance !
  3. Offline

or in your case how tight are the pants :p
  4. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

IMO mesmer is the most girly class of all ;) Why? cause it can cause MIGRAINE on the opponents! just like women cause on man! ;)

ps: you guys shouldn't try to make survivor right on the first char! Survivor requires a lot of hard work and it also causes alot of frustration when you fail :S
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Aye very true, I've been playing for nigh on 5 years and I still fail at not dying!
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Kama if you intend to do survivor the same way that Alaisy did I'd pick Assassin as your secondary, this will allow for a little extra damage output when brawling in GWEN - http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Survivor if your intending to do it the old fashioned way, then pick a monk secondary (remember this can always be changed later).

Also avoid hard quests, force closing of mapping back to town are your friend - general rule of thumb is to bug out of a fight if you HP gets to 25%.

Once you can get to GWEN then its plain sailing, you'll be able to fly through 10 (12) to 20 with the repeatable and then its just a case of grinding the brawling quest (between 8 and 14 hours).

If you get stuck, remember that you can always ask one of us to ferry you across a map!
  7. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

yeah first playthrough may not be the best time to start doing the title, but once you're done with the first area and then do kilroy its fairly straightforward. For me atleast I had the chance to make sure the character looked alright after 5 tries xD
  8. Offline

yeah gave up for the moment .. or i could play a 2nd paragon/monk just to get title as i know nightfall pretty well

thanks for the tip guys muchly appreciated <3

but atm im having fun in factions i like the setting :)

lmao @ alaisy xD i <3 the look of my ranger in factions
  9. Offline

Mizou Community Member

i got a sin almost 20 in factions, she is stuck in the city somewhere not realy far into the expansion, like first or second mission after u reach the city, message me on msn and lets own a bit :) *pve cough*

*edith* im home arround 3 or 4pm your time honey
  10. Offline

Miha Community Member

i tryed also survivor and i gave up after afew hours.. not because i died.... but because my guild mates ware doing everything and was boring :))

but as far as i know Factions is the easiest place to do survivor... for me is the last title i will ever do..

i saw some nice builds on PVX wiki for this... and with help from mates who do not want that title... you can do it..

and also... do not try it with your first char... first do all the campaigns... than Sorrow Furnace... than Fissure..... The Deep... and many others like that... Underworld... and than if you get bored of all that you go get survivor... i do not want you guys to think that i believe that your fight to get that title is worthless... but i want to say that are many more fun parts in that game than survivor title

as far as i saw most of the survivor ppl first do all those... and than having alot ingame money they pay ppl to do that for them... ingame ofcourse. as far as i saw when one of my mates tried to do that there are guilds who do that... do not ask me prices cos i have no idea.. i never payed for things like that in GW... i payed for some weapon i wanted but not that...

enjoy:)
  11. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

Never tried survivor, but I'm thinking about it since I'd like to add that title to the hall of monuments.