GW 1 start now ?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Torch, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Offline

Torch Community Member

Hi guys i need a simple opinion, since i passed GW1 , and i think i wish to play GW2. Is it wort at all to spend some time with GW1 to get those achievements at all. Or they are going to be some minor cosmetics ?
  2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

3 attempts at doing HoM, yet to get past lvl 6 and 0 of 50
  3. Offline

Feidan Community Member

They are cosmetics so if you don't care about them at all then don't bother.I got 30/50 and also enjoyed playing gw1 for the lore and a sightseeing tour around the world to compare places from between the two games. Before/after comparison in structures and abandoned, destroyed buildings is kind of a fetish for me. ';..;'
  4. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Give the trial a go if you think you may be interested in playing the game and see if you like the playstyle, can take a while to get used to.
    It's quite different from lots of other games due to how the zones are instanced, so that you can only enter a area with 4-8 people generally except for the tutorial where you can only travel with 2 people and 2 elite zones where you can enter with 12 people in party.

There is no jumping so you are limited to go where the developers have set boundaries so the world is not as open as it could be.

Lastly if you are interested in the cosmetic stuff and the story of GW1 I would say it's worth giving it a go and get all those things.
    I would think getting to around 30 would take 100-200 hours depending if you get help or not getting to 50 probably around 400-1000 hours this also depending on if you got help or not and if you are good at the game since you will probably fail some stuff on the way.

TL:DR - Try it out if you got interest in the story and the cosmetics.
  5. Offline

Torch Community Member

I tried trial, and i like it. It is nice to have only like 8 skills to use and base on that you create build. I did not had chance to feel the pvp in the game.
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

It is completely possible to get 30/50 in the HoM in just 2 weeks of play in GW1
  7. Offline

Torch Community Member

I got GW game and i will try to make to make 30/50. Anyone from boon control that still play GW1 ?
  8. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

I do still play the game at times.
    If you happen to have any questions my IGN is Nerien Evence.