GUNNAR optiks

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Doodle, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Hi brahs

So lately I have been having issues with my freaking eyes being all blurry after a day of work + gaming. Since im starting to get old I can't really keep up with my pro-gamer ways any more without the necessary tools to do so! I work in front of a computer screen 8 hours a day, I use tablets and smarphones as well. Then I come home and game for another 6 hours minimum almost every day. I'm also looking to buy a really advanced chair but that's a different story.

This has taken a huge toll on my eyes making them really tired and blurry when I get off work and making me tired as fuck towards the evening. Done some reading up and found these GUNNAR glasses. People say they really help both for work and gaming. http://www.gunnars.com/

So I ordered a Steelseries version of it, mostly because of the frames being so minimal and they don't block my field of view. http://steelseries.com/products/other/steelseries-desmo

Now my question is.. Has anyone tried one of these glasses? Did it help you? How intrusive are they on your gaming?

FLAME ON!
  2. Offline

Angelo Community Member

I use a thing on my pc that reduces the glare and glow of my screen, yes it gives it a weird warm colour to my screen but I've been having less problems with my eyes getting tired, and after a day or so you dont really notice it, games still look the same without the massive glow killing my eyes.
    http://justgetflux.com/

Im guessing those glasses will do the same thing, never used them and probably never will since £80 seems a bit steep.

In terms of chairs, everyone seems to say dx racers are quite comfortable. http://www.dxracer.net/ but you'd expect it to be for their price.
  3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

The glasses are a gimmick for a silly price. Just get F.lux for free, its brilliant and its just had a huge update with more lighting options. I've used it for years and it has helped me sleep better and less eye strain. Basically it changes the warmth of the monitor based on time of day, and slowly changes from bright as fuck during the day to warm and orange at night.
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I looked at software like that too but i think i need something to actually protect the eyes from the screen. and brah... They do look cool
  5. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Well that's subjective.... I think they look like those glasses they give to dyslexic kids to help them read :p

Try the software anyway, you'll be surprised the difference it makes. This thread made me realise I hadn't installed it on my new workstation so just installed it and reduced temperature to 5300k and immediately it felt more comfortable using the pc.
  6. Offline

Law Community Member

Doodle you want to look like an internet badass and wear those glass's and sit in the really nice throne to pimpslap dem kids? Then buy my friend, buy the shit out of all these things. I would. I do and I love myself for doing so. Nothing better than sitting back and putting on my rapeface mask and enjoying the finer things in life!

Do it for you.
    Do it for gamers out side with little money and are jelly of you!
    Do it for world peace!

Anyway's lol I have the same problem. I bought nice big monitors (32") and lowered the sharpness down to soften the blow to the eyes. I also bought a really big fancy chair cause I find spending all day at the PC when I stand up my back is sore. Also has a handy cup holder! oh yea!

The best advice I can give you on PC/Desk Products would be buy this....
    [IMG]

I have one and it is amazing!
  7. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Sore eyes ? Take a break.

It won't help your negative KD ratio in BF anyways. :)
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

How I break? I live for this shit! :smoke:
  9. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

When you'll try them please make sure to stream.
  10. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I will ordered them now
  11. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

it will help.
  12. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

"Enhance the properties of the human eye and its interaction with digital devices". Its the truth, I believe them. The also suggest using them in conjunction with this.

More seriously I know someone who use and like them. On the other hand he ain't very bright and should prolly consult a proper optician instead.
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Brah, are you jelly of my tactical glasses?
  14. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

What is this sorcery and where do I get me one?
  15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

ordered one of those as well

and a racer chair.

and another pair of glasses so i can have 2 different colors, one for wow and one for wildstar.
  16. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

No brah, I already own a better pair. Designed by steven seagle himself. (I also have the same bandana)

[IMG]
  17. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

These are also cheap and there's a special offer for a coupon discount to CoD:Ghosts

[IMG]
    What? He said FLAME ON...
  18. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Hope you've mastered his run too!

19. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Ofc he taught me everything. When I'm counter knifing in BF4 its all from Under Siege brah.

[IMG]
  20. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

You are not gonna regret it mate.