Guild Wars 2 is coming to ESL

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Xelendar, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

http://www.esl.eu/eu/new_games/news/223557/

2. Offline

Mattfs Community Member

I can't see this taking off if i'm honest. Maybe its just wvw but it seems like gw2 is dying due to the crappy decisions anet keep making
  3. Offline

Kharjas Community Member

They dont care about WvW in a guild level. Anet has done WvW for casuals so dont expect to many changes.

Btw, today or tomorrow is a big patch with focus in balance so we will see if they balance spvp or wvw, but my guess is that it will be spvp.
  4. Offline

Jinx Community Member

Guild Wars 2, ESL,e-sport bla bla bla.... all we need to do is...

[IMG]

Some quality pics with my Xpress music yo
    [IMG]
    144p ftw!
    [IMG]
    Mah poor 2nd monitor burned out yesterday ;(

PS: Next patch warriors gonna be even more OP. Thieves and Mesmers gonna troll players trying to kite them,trololololbursting.
    Karl and JohnSharp realise they've disbalanced spvp even more and commit double suicide,dragon finisher animation going above their gallows signed by Grouch.
  5. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

That character, troll colored troll armor outfit? :confused:
  6. Offline

Jinx Community Member

it looks like clone,doesnt it?
  7. Offline

Mattfs Community Member

Ive seen some of the patch notes and its a huge change, new conditions and a huge buff for necro i think. Just need them to fix retal in wvw and fix arrowcarts and we are golden
  8. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Fix retaliation? What kind of fix, buff or nerf? :eek:
  9. Offline

Screenager Community Member

I would venture the biggest impact will be in the spvp arena and not so much with the wvw. It's tied too heavily to pve for the sorts of balance changes we've been hearing about to make any fundamental shift in the meta
  10. Offline

Jinx Community Member

*ARROWCARTS* *MIND BLOWING*

MAH FURHER.... ARENANET HAS BUFFED THE ARROWCARTS DMG BY 80%....

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

You think its gonna get better? Just wait for the next patch.
  11. Offline

Mattfs Community Member

Well retaliation was never nerfed inside the borderlands, only in eb, its probably a bug but anet knew about it weeks ago and have still not fixed it.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I don't see why MMO's try to be eSports. Never gona happen.

Sure, give them the tools to have a good competitive scene within their comunity, but eSport, not gona happen.
  13. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

sPvP Arenas aren't a "MMO", and the game type is irrelevant in this matter as long as there is a crowd to watch the matches.
  14. Offline

Angelo Community Member

A bunch of people watched the DayZ Survival game, still isn't going to be an eSport. GW2 have been pushing this whole sPvP will be an eSport since way before release, and I still don't see why.
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

People won't watch matches if they are boring, ie. any "MMO arena" event there has ever been.

I don't want to hate on GW2, but if I was going to be betting money on which MMO would finally break into eSports at a noticeable level (talking SC2 numbers as a minimum) then I sure would not be putting my money on GW2. The sPvP is dull to play, I mean dredgion was more exciting, so why would watching something that is dull to play make it less dull when watching? If any MMO was to have made it as a fully fledged SC2/LoL level of eSport, it would have been WoW given how many people play it and are obsessed with it, and their arena eSports venture was pretty poor because nobody cares about MMO's as eSports. Sure, arena takes skill, but nobody gives a shit because its boring.

I actually enjoy the whole eSports thing and watch a game of something high level at least once a week, but I honestly cannot wait for the day where it falls out of the mainstream again and developers of non-eSport viable games will stop caring about it.
  16. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Developers seem to think that having eSports elements in your game is a good way of advertising it and getting more people to play due to how many people watch "eSports" related games like LoL/SC2/CS, but what they don't realise is the reason people watch it is because it's fun to play and exciting to watch, not because it's linked with eSports.

Also in MMOs you're going to be tied down to the same shit constantly because if you want to change something your decision will directly impact your actual game, so there's little room for Meta changes and you'll just get people playing the same FotM builds and usually the lack of extra variables other than skills creates a lack luster experience.

I think.
  17. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

DayZ is not a game, its a mod on a game. And Arma2 doesn't have any arena-type team map. That i know off.

I'm not defending GW2 bare with me, but any arena-type game has the possibility to be an eSport as long as it have enough crowd to watch it and a gameplay exciting enough to broadcast it/easy enough to understand it imo.

Now if you say "you think the game is dull to play/watch", that is a matter of opinion and like every opinion, some agree and some disagree.
  18. Offline

Jinx Community Member

and no one comment on the Fuhrer video :confused: WHAT IZ RONG WIT U?! =.=
  19. Offline

Mattfs Community Member

Ha ha, i saw the fuhrer video when votf made it. Made me laugh
  20. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Spvp in gw2 was the reason I quit that game. To not be able to even play my own main and with a progression system that included only titles and skins is not the reason I play a mmorpg.. If I wanted a moba with arena style play well Smite is an awesome game with better pvp then gw2 and their horrible spvp AND its not horribly boring to watch either

If only dota 3 could just die already....