Guild Wars 2 Beta Hits 1 Million Sign Ups

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Acina, Feb 24, 2012.

• by Acina, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Acina Admin Officer

[IMG]

So it's been a monumental few days for the guys and girls at ArenaNet and NCsoft, on Wednesday evening at 6pm GMT the flood gates opened and the much anticipated great Guild Wars 2 beta signup marathon began.

In just 48 short hours the gates were supposed to close (6pm GMT today), at which point the above image was tweeted out, they had reached a whopping 990,152 sign ups. SWTOR as a comparison managed to bag 1.5 million sign ups in the first 2 months they were open.

It must have been agony for the hardworking folks that had been hyping up the beta sign ups for the whole of those 48 hours, to be so close to 1 Million that they could touch it! It was announced that the sign ups would stay open longer, all hell broke out, twitter was on fire with #GW2beta and #GuildWars2 hashtags, facebook went crazy and the Ducksboard site that was hosting the sign up counter fell over.

[IMG]

Just after 7:40pm GMT this evening it was announced that the community had broken the 1 million sign up barrier and that they would now close, the live tracker can still be seen now although it has officially stopped on that most magic of numbers.

Congratulations go out to ArenaNet and NCsoft for this achievement and to the Guild Wars 2 community, bring on the testing!
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Acina, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Shaftsplitter
    :eek:

and I thought TOR had a lot of beta signups
  2. Feidan
    An amazing number in just 2 days.
  3. Nerien
    An impressive number of sign ups.
  4. Ebel
    Pretty sweet for a 48h deadline.
  5. Scarface
    ... and 0.000001% chance to draw by lot beta invitation :(
  6. Doodle
    Guess I missed it
  7. Wonsie
    That is really sweet to see. I bet it was like 10 times more that wanted to sign up but didnt see it intime.
  8. Fozia
    guess the chance on getting a beta invite is non existant :p
  9. Acina
    Not really, of the 1.5 Million that signed up for SWTOR beta, pretty much all of them were invited at one point or another.
  10. Karasu
    I bet they're also going to give out keys at one point. They promised DJ Wheat(ley) last year he could give away Beta keys. Amazing how they got so many subs even though the timing was quite random and unannounced.
  11. Vissarion
    THE HYPE!!!!!!!!!