Google Plus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F U R I E, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

If anyone needs an invite just pm me your email.
  2. Offline

Tal The Architect

Cool, will do :) thanks
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

was hoping for this, skipping facebook :)
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

What is this Google plus?
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Google's version of Facebook.
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

O.0 the cancer is spreading!
  7. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

I find it better than facebook for a simple reason: i can choose who to share with the shit i find interesting. So no more badmouthing your boss and then realize that he is in your friendlist, or no more creeping out your friends with your gaming news and comments. Win.
  8. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

9. Offline

Mizou Community Member

im a big hater of facebook and the only reason is actually the class cannon u get to be. they track all of your intrests and then show u merchandise about it from their partners so they get payed that u watch their stuff. its cool and nice to share intresting things with your friends and such but actually oh wait we where talking here about google+... so i guess i should read the policy first or is there anything i should know by now ? i was always a big google fan and i dont support anything other tbh (bink or what mcsoft did for examble)
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I take it that it's less micro celebrity look at me with my 50,000 friends and pics of me wasted, and more for chatting with mates?
  11. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

could grab an invite to try it out
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I don't want to take an invite if it stops someone who will actually use it from getting it.
    If you have tons of invites feel free to throw me one. I'll PM you my e-mail but if you are limited to numbers don't waste one on me.
  13. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Invites are unlimited and i read somewhere that now its open to everyone, so dont worry.
  14. Offline

corum Community Member

Social networking is talking to your family, going out with your mates or chatting to a stranger - not writing 'I got a big hangover today teehee' on a status box so that all your netbuddies can giggle or posting your top 20 movies in some silly app that no-one will ever read or give a shit about.
    I can see the benefit of things like Arsebook and MyCock for people who actually might be a tad interesting and have something worthwhile to share and promote like small venues, musicians, charities and authors but apart from posting a basic profile and using it as a half-baked way to keep in touch with relatives you never talk to I can't see why people get so into it all (unless they are a bit of a cock).
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

well and if you're one of those musicians/authors you'll just find out some random twat went around and made a bunch of fake profiles of you :p
  16. Offline

Tal The Architect

You can do this on Facebook as well though :p The 'circles' thing is isn't really new as you could make friend groups on Facebook and do the same thing privacy wise.
  17. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Well tbh never used fb that much, didnt know about that feature. Then ill change my statement to "is more intuitive and user friendly" :p
  18. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Your such an old codger, if you want to go down to the pub with your mates do you send a pigeon?

The facebook privacy thing is a pain in the ass, poorly designed, you have to go through so many steps to get to it, be better if you could just click "Add to group" or something next to their name