going back to logitech

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Alaisy, May 9, 2011.

1. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Ok im totally done with Razer, my Naga is hardly reading anything and the mouse is just too small.

I tried getting my razor lycosa working again today, after tinkering with it all it did was work for 10 minutes then starts to swap LED lights from WASD keys to the whole keyboard and on/off again. After a while keys start getting stuck and you cant type at all anymore. And to top it all off it caused a BSOD on shutdown -_-.

My Razer Exactmat is possibly the only good razerproduct I have but I prefer a matt that is simply flat rather then having edges that are higher at the sides etc, and the actual surface is ripping apart my mouse :p

Anyway what Ill do is replace all these parts get a nice soundcard too, let me know what you guys think of these products before I order them and find out there's new revisions that dont work (i've checked the products wether there's people having problems with them but found few).

Logitech Mx518
    Logitech G510
    ASUS Xonar DG Soundcard
    Mionix SARGAS 460 Gaming Mouse Pad
  2. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

MX518 is trustworthy as... anything. I love my G15 too, but you should honestly consider a razer keyboard or another mechanical one. Logitechs keyboards are in general cheap as fuck and don't have nearly high enough key-support.
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

aye its the product out of the list I've doubted most about, there's absolutely 0 chance Ill get another razer product because their buildquality is just goddamn poor. However if someone knows a very very trustworthy keyboard that's possibly not making a loud noise while typing and is generally sturdy let me know.
  4. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

I've gotta disagree logitech keyboard is best I've had it feels much better quality than anything else, I've not tried razor but your not the first I've heard complain about build quality.
  5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

well anything is better then either a Razer Lycosa causing BSOD's or a €5,- logitech keyboard thats been soaked in Coca Cola about 6 times and washed it away with soap..the keys err, I need to smash em before it produces a letter on the screen :)
  6. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

And then I spotted this one: the ''SteelSeries 6G v2'' , a mechanical no-nonsense keyboard that seems to be pretty good according to reviews. I dunno just need a keyboard with a regular setup really, no need for USB, headset plugins, LCD screens, onboardsoundcards. Need one that is sturdy, has nice key press and quick response.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Using Razor Naga and Razor Deathadder atm deepending on what I am playing. Moved to Razor from using Logitechs for a long time. MX500, MX518, G5, G9 and tbh apart from the Naga being a bit difficult to get comfy with, the deathadder to me feels better than any of my previous Logitech mouses and the Naga is only really beat by the MX518 and thats because of comfort, the Naga wins on function.

For a mouse I would say if you cannot get one of the older Logitechs, buy a Razor, just not a Naga unless you have tiny hands or do not mind playing with a massive claw grip. It really is an uncomfortable mouse. Deathadder is nice.

As for keyboards, I got the new Razor Anansi keyboard after using Logitech G15 and G19 and I have to say it is better as the key response feels better and the size of the keyboard is much better as the Logitech ones were far too big. However, I am thinking about going back to my nub spec "featureless" keyboard. The amount of times I actually use the optional buttons these gaming keyboards give is sooooo few and far between that I just don't see the point anymore.

Having used "gaming" keyboards for a good few years now, I honestly cannot recommend them to anyone. They add function that personally I rarely use and its all just gimmick stuff that if your a good enough player, you wont use anyway. I would say just get a high quality non gaming keyboard.

Headsets. Had many many many Sennheiser, Logitech, Razor and out of them all, Logitech is by far the best. Razors are poor quality and very badly made so they break easy. Sennheiser are outstanding audio, best I have ever used, but they cost a shitload and my last 3 have all broke almost exactly after 6months, so I can't justify buying them anymore. Logitech... well the audio is good, build quality is good. Overall, thats what I use currently as they are reasonably priced and don't break.

But yea, to stress on the keyboards...... I honestly cannot recommend gaming keyboards to anyone.
  8. Offline

Tal The Architect

What happened to your IBM Model M?

If you want a really good, mechanical, no frills keyboard get a Filco. If you want a quiet and comfortable one get an apple aluminum one. I have one and it's actually excellent.

You could also get a Zowie mouse.

The Asus soundcard has pretty good reviews, everyone swapped to them after creative broke their drivers. I have a logitech 5.1 surround sound for my TV and it's great. Never used their headsets though. Plus I wouldn't really want to use a USB headset, I have done in the past and they have all sucked.

I'm turning into a hardware hipster :(
  9. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Mousemat, I've decided to just stick with my Exactmat even though im afraid it'll eat the bottom of my mouse away (the low sense side is quite err rough and I like using it for MMO's). The only negative thing about the exactmat is that is quite small, so the high/mid sense side works great, but the control/low sense side tends to scrape the bottom away from my mouse and tends to be just slightly too small.

The keyboard, my IBM is good but its fucking loud when im typing + its dirty after 20 or so years and hard to clean its also being very ermm squeeky? I'll look into the apple one altho mind you all my PC stuff is black so alu would look odd. The steelseries one I was looking at is also more of a standard KB which could be mistaken not to be a gaming keyboard at all, review: http://www.rgbfilter.com/?p=8220

PS: err I cant really find many shops that sell Filco's

The mouse, dead set on the MX518 now. loved my MX500, went to a naga and now I want back :p. Naga is too small, i dont really need the buttons much with the more modern MMO's. Contemplating a wireless version of it though, is there any decent substitute?

Soundcard, reviews say its good and its cheap and perfect for headsets.

EDIT: bought mouse, still contemplating the other bits. I will buy a keyboard today one way or another !
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The Logitech G35 surround sound headset is nice. I have been using one for about 6months and it is seriously good. The cable braiding is all starting to fray and fall off though, so it's not exactly the best made product ever, but the sound is amazing. Its sound quality is much better than the Razor Megolodon which is the Razor version of it. It is a USB headset though, so you will hate it Tal.

Keyboard wise, I am currently looking for a nice non-USB with decent keys. I know the apple one is an obvious choice, but I don't want aids.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Remember that yes, most modern MMO's you do not need the extra buttons a Naga offers anymore, however, they are more and more depending on speed and precision like an FPS game. Wireless mice are slower than the cabled versions and this problem gets worse and worse if you fail at remembering to keep the fully charged.

I would honestly not recommend getting a wireless mouse for gaming. I would suggest a good quality wired mouse and if the cables are getting in your way at all, buy a cord bungee. They are cheap and worth it.
  12. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Aye it is a nice headset but I'm happy with my Creative Fatality still, good sound, practically unbreakable but perhaps a bit straining on the ears. Smashed it on the floor daily and that's over 700 times by now and not a scratch.

Cord bungee, checking that shit out :)
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

My brother uses one of those and I found it sore on the ears.... the cups definitely could use some extra padding imo.
  14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

theres a new version of it called Creative Tactic 3D Sigma, which is supposed to show your ears some mercy
  15. Offline

adagio Moderator

I would reccomend looking at some of the roccat stuff. I have the roccat kone mouse and its fricking indestructable and enough option to keep you happy. also the roccat Kave 5.1 headset that goes well with my asus sonar soundcard.

Just looking at their new keyboard, the isku which looks good and may replace my g15 :D
  16. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Steelseries all the way baby
  17. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

-hugs her naga- nooo ur not taking it away. xD Its perfect for me and my small hands and so comfortable to use. best mouse I have had. most i find either too large for my hand or just plain uncomfortable >.<
  18. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

[IMG]
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Is this a euphemism ?
  20. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Is there really that much of a difference between wireless and wired? I.e unless your doing competitive gaming. I've had a mx1000 for about 2 years now it's accurate, perfect weight for me and pretty durable never had any issues with it as long as you keep it charged.

I have creative fatality also It is a bit heavy but I swear you could nuke it and it would be fine. Previous to that I went through about 2/3 a year, which adds up when you want a decent one.