GODUS

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fizzee, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

GODUS is now in early access on steam!

GODUS is a game by Peter Molyneux, so chances are it will fall short of his vision, BUT it does looks pretty interesting. Essentially it is an MMO god game, where you build up your civilisation and use it to either obliterate other peoples or team up with them.

Adam Sessler has a good video with peter which give a good idea of what the game is about

currently the main complaint seems to be having to click a lot, but we shall see if that's resolved.
  2. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I'll let you know, installed it last night (was a kickstarter).
  3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Far too much clicking is needed, sculpting the land is a pita as it requires you to double click (left gain, right lose).

So you need to click to sculpt, click humans to make sure they stay happy (and don't die) oh and click settlements (once) to collect currency and (twice) to send a settler out to work.

You can very easily destroy settlements by mistake as there are far too many commands connected to left click, I honestly don't know why they feel the need to change the pillars of most RTS/God games out there.

(I have more feedback that doesn't revolve around clicking btw)

For now I will send in my feedback and wait to see what is changed over the course of the beta, but I won't be spending a great deal of time playing this until changes happen.
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

OK, so I've been doing some reading and (not played yet so excuse any inaccuracies) apparently if you play the game like a manic clicking lunatic, it's actually pretty stressful and requires even more clicking.

If you play slowly and methodically, only using the required workers for a task, and you actually don't need to spam click. Also deaths are normal, and trying to stop it does require mass spam clicking. let some people die, it's fine.
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Each settlement has a finite amount of resource it can gather at one time, thus you need to at least click each building (frequently). While allowing folk to die is inevitable, clicking folk increases faith (especially if you keep them alive).

Currently games like B&W (1st one), Populous and Reus are functionally better and more entertaining. If I wanted a game that was required to be played at the speed of Transport Tycoon (the very 1st one) then I would probably play that.
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Ok, so I've been playing for a couple of hours now, and I'm having no issue with clicking. As long as you leave people in their houses until you need something build I don't have a problem with deaths.

Once you get the settlement option you only need to click on the statue every 5-10 mins or so to collect all of the pink orbs (about 3000 in my starter city)

If anything I would say that this game is designed to be played either as a farmville style, come back every few hours, or by clicking like a loony you can expand and progress quickly.

I like it.