GG Bioware

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Firoz, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

So, I answered wrong on security questions.
    Now they force me to make a phone call to get my account unlocked.
    Seriously this is the most stupid system i ever saw.
  2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

*writes down answers*
  3. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

And do you know the funny part?
    I was trying to update my security questions.
    They asked me: favorite movie?
    I answered with the new answer 3times, coz i thought i had to confirm it.
    But it was their security to check it was me wanting to change it.
    Stupid me -__-"

Ok, i phoned them,
    Update all your contact information (country, telephone,...)
    They need me to send them a copy of my id and stuff. (luckily no hard copy :p)
    I hope i can get it fixed today, because i have to download the client this weekend.
  4. Offline

Felby Community Member

failcake
    yeah those questions are 100% needed and provides better security then people think
    it was stated in the email we got that the at least 3 questions would be needed and asked on login
  5. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

best system ever. no1 but me is able to figure out the answers to my questions :D fuck you authenticator with ur low batteries!
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

It's no where near as good as an authenticator. A key logger and enough time will log every answer you've given. An authenticator ensures that even the most infected system won't allow people to gain access without stealing the physical authenticator.

I hope they sell the authenticator cheap and at launch and use an either auth or questions system, as I don't like having so many answers about me on one companies servers ready for hacking.
  7. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

AV much? I've been on the internetz since 1999 son, and I've never been hacked or had a virus that wasnt detected instantly. Also you might wanna use a firewall other than the default windows one :confused:
    Authenticators are a piece of crap, back when I was playing FFXI I had to order like 5 new ones coz the batteries died after a couple months. 50 bucks just for that, fuck it
  8. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Uggh, i just had a problem with Bioware also....

Bought game for my bro for xmas, made him an account all that shizzle, entered pre-order code. great i thought....
    Then went back to screen and asked me to "redeem pre-order code" again... so I put in the same code and it said "This code has bee used already" WELL THAT'S JUST BECAUSE I JUST USED IT!

I hope this doesn't happen to our actual product codes come release ;p
  9. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Never been infected either, but there is always the possibility.
    Had a wow auth for 2 years and the battery still going PLUS there are apps for phones which can be charged.
    Authenticators ARE more secure than questions, that is fact.
    Again there is also the possibility of biowares servers getting hacked.
  10. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Firoz I even pmed you those questions :-P
  11. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

each to their own. I've had really bad experience using authenticators so I dont like em. And phone app...LOL - I am much more likely to lose my phone or get it stolen while on a drunken trip with my buddies than someone hacking bioware servers lulz.
  12. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

no AV can detect hardware keylogger! Although unless you're like.. microsoft it's unlikely anyone will be breaking into your apartment to install one.
  13. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

they might as well steal phone/authenticator when going through the hassle of breaking into my apartment
  14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I just write stuff down on paper :p, sometimes have to search a bit but at least it's secure. If they break in my house they won't be able to read it anyway, although the pieces of paper are starting to look like old parchments from 2000 BC....
  15. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You write in egyptian hieroglyphs?! Teach me!!!
  16. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Yes, But i wanted to change them, so they asked me a question but i thought i had to give the new answer. :p
  17. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

rename this topic GG FIROZ instead tbh for being smrt :D
  18. Offline

Verin Community Member

security questions are fucking bs. First of because most people write in their actual information on the questions which means in some cases you don't even need the keylogger to break em. Secondly because most people forget their answers, so it creates a fuckton more work for support.
    Authenticator is just vastly superior. SMS codes are even better, as you only need your phone and you're golden.
    As far as geting your phone stolen, good luck geting anything useful out of my phone lads.
    Most smartphones have builtin security that protects you from most people, and you can easily add software that basically locks it down completly.
  19. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

dont think ive made my point clear enough. im not worried about ppl hacking my account by stealing my phone. im worried about not being able to play for 3 weeks coz my phone is gone and it takes that long to strip the lock off your own account.
    Lol actual infortmation ftw, who except your best RL friends or family would know the answer? unless you're a smug that has their whole life written down on a public facebook account...
    Also, if you forget the answer to your own questions, you deserve no better...
  20. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

No offense but all you hardcores that "have never gotten a virus" or "have never been hacked": It's probably because nobody cared enough to do it.