Generic Rock / Metal thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ketz, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

Let's go, hope it's not just me and Vissarion adding videos here ;)
  2. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

My all time favorite one, can't get darker than this and at the same time melodic.
  3. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

my kind of thread

4. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

5. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

No comments needed for this one
  6. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

What about this ? Comments disable :)

7. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

I ll tell you this much, i really like Nightwish but i would like em even more if they weren't so ...what's the English word...commercial ?
    Like a bit more dedicated to one genre and not try and attract all sorts of people.
    I feel the same about Within Temptation by the way but at no case do i compare Nightwish to Within Temptation obviously.
  8. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

A band that always experiments with danger of loosing their fanbase but somehow they always succeed
  9. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

10. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

They become commercial in the moment they changed Tarja with Anette. Yes now with Anette they are commercial. That's why i stopped listening to nightwish. The last album they released in 30 nov 2011 was a joke.
  11. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

Owned Chopsie ;)
  12. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

Never liked Angra but they have a few nice songs(2 or 3 :p)
  13. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

This is how great singers sound like without a studio backing them up
  14. Offline

Kammie Community Member

Could only find a live version, but the whole "A Twist in the Myth" album is AMAZING...if you've never listened to Blind Guardian, just fucking listen, best power metal/progressive/storytelling/epic metal ever :)

Can't miss this...

And no metal/rock thread is complete without this timeless classic...saw them perform this live in 2003, nothing beats Maiden live.

15. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

Me gusta :)

Nightwish, Blind Guardian, Moonspell and others. I liked Nightwish during Tarja's time and I think their best album was Once - most commercial I might say, but still epic songs there. Blind Guardian - favorite album Imaginations From the Other Side I guess.

My Blind Guardian Favorite:

16. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Now this is a quality thread.

I lost all hope when the Kpop thread was made but now im happy for humanity again. This thread needs some in flames. is that considered the right genre?

17. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Fucking love InFlames, Free Fall has been my ringtone for ages, I love peoples face when it starts... "Who the fuck has a music box.... Ohhhhh"

18. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

Yes they were ridonculous at times and yes they very often didn't sing live during concerts and yes they do have a video clip where they wear leather pants with holes at the buttcheaks BUT Manowar was one of the best epic metal bands.

High and mighty, alone we are kings...
    Whirlwinds of fire we ride...Glory has brought us the
  19. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

1ST. CHANGE THE TITLE!!!
    You (Ketz) are NOT 12, hence you should know better not to name a thread on music so very very poorly. Make it a Generic Rock/Metal thread or something.

2ND. Get your FACTS straight!
    You simply cannot call Nightwish commercial after posting Bruce Dickinsons "Tears of the Dragon". Go listen to "Skunkworks" and come back. We'll talk commercial.

3RD. DO NOT expect REAL metalheads to stay out and not come barging in with ridiculous demands, like CHANGE THE TITLE!
    I have been listening to this music for the better part of my life, I have beaten kids in schoolyards about it, worked my ass off to buy new albums (back when CDs were not even out yet mind you), and traveled far and wide to see my favorite bands live. My tolerance on this particular subject is so close to zero, it could make a Nazi blush!

and 4rth. If it's Metal then:

and i dare you to put a label like Hard or Heavy or Gothic or whatever to this masterpiece.
  20. Offline

Kammie Community Member

oh doodle...In Flames...i'd almost forgotten them. In flames was no doubt the soundtrack to my university life, used to put the discography on play and listen for days, thanks for reminding me to put some on <3