Gear,gear and MOAR gear!

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Jinx, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Offline

Jinx Community Member

Oh,since I got your attention with this redicolous title you can read along :D

It's high time to get rid of this MF gear -.- It's not useful anymore . So what to go for?..
    Requirements:
    - Level 80
    - Exotic
    - DPS focused

Read bunch of reviews,players experience... pretty much nothing clear. What is going to be useful?...
    - Thoughness?
    - Crit?
    - Precision and Power?
    - Condition damage?
    - Vitality?
    - Healing power?
    - What runes to use?

What jewels to get?... What weapons?... Combine all these stats to get sorta balanced dps gear? o.o
    What exactly do we get in Jan,Feb patches that MIGHT nerf the stats due to asended gear?... To wait or not to wait?... WvW gear trough badges?...

Yeah,that many questions :alien: HELP ME!... pls :S
  2. Offline

Karasu Community Member

3. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Choose which stats benefit better your build/gamestyle and pick here
  4. Offline

Jinx Community Member

Im confused. Arent the conditions washed away waaaaayyy too easily in WvW?... The build seems strong but its pretty expensive as well and I dont want to waste all that money for nothing... hm...

The dmg he says he does seems intriguing. What the other necros think?
  5. Offline

Jinx Community Member

if you put the question like this,ima go straight for power,precision and cond dmg but obviously it is ALOOOOT more complicated.

How trustworthy is the guy from the link Karasu posted? o.o
  6. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Well, tbh i cba all he wrote, but he is not going wrong when he points for 3 Krait + 3 Afflicted Runes on a conditionmancer, since its the best con dmg mix for runes in a necro. And he knows the food, so he knows something, but he is not telling anything new. Actually it goes towards the build i posted in WvW builds.

Either way you choose (conditionmancer vs powerbuild), you most likely will have to spend some money to get the armor you will need.
  7. Offline

Jinx Community Member

I do not want conditionmancer but he says he does quite some dmg with it. What exactly do you mean as powerbuild gearwise?... Ofc,I'll spend,I just wanna how much and does it worth to do so.

I'll do some math tomorrow to see what exact stats I'll get and compare them to my MF gear.

PS: I was asking today the mesmers in the guild what gear they are wearing because I am leaning more to a mesmer type of gear... direct dmg. I know necros can stack a lot of conditions but was wondering what is gear about direct dmg input rather than conditions.
  8. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

In that case you are looking towards a power build. Conditionmacer focus on high condition dmg (derp) and maybe high precision for Barbed Precision.
    Power doesnt improve the dmg of the conditions, and conditions dont do critical damage (just the direct dmg of the skills).
    The armor with the best stats for burst dmg is Berserker (Power/Precision/% Crit Dmg), but since it doesnt have any defensive stats you will need get some survivability elsewhere, either through trinkets or from pure gameplay.
    Or you can go Rampager (Power/Precision/Condition Dmg) but that is only worth it for for an effective hybrid build.
  9. Offline

Jinx Community Member

No gear on Magic Find gear on Knight gear on Berserker gear on
    Power - 1,216 Power - 1,862 Power - 1,862 Power - 2,171
    Precision 1,216 Precision - 1,798 Precision - 1,798 Precision - 1,883
    Thoughness - 1,016 Thoughness - 1,063 Thoughness - 1,921 Thoughness - 1,016
    Vitality - 916 Vitality - 963 Vitality - 963 Vitality - 963
    Attack - 1,216 Attack - 2,973 Attack - 2,973 Attack - 3,282
    Crit chance - 18% Crit chance - 46% Crit Chance - 46% Crit chance - 46% (crit dmg - 57%?)
    Armor - 1,016 Armor - 1,983 Armor - 2,841 Armor - 1,983
    Health - 18,372 Health - 18,842 Health - 18,842 Health - 18,842

Note: Staff has been equipped when gear stats are calculated except when no gear was on. Gear includes the specified armor + jewels + staff of the same type and stats. No runes or sigils has been taken into consideration ON the armor or the weapons. My traits build is taken into consideration as well.

PS: Need ideas for runes and sigils and to set the exact mix of armor,jewels and weapons to get stats like...
    ~46% crit chance(crit dmg x% ?), as high as possible thoughness and power.

PS2: If someone is actually wearing any of this gear and would be so nice to post his stats the same way I did,would be much appreciated. I'll edit the post to more appropriate and accurate calculation according to the info provided.
  10. Offline

Jinx Community Member

erm... no one seems to be interested in a bit of theorycrafting with me so I guess I'll go with Knight's armor, Berserker's staff/axe + horn and wait for the Feb patch to obtain some WvW ascended jewels with power,precision and crit damage. Runes,sigils unknown.
    (roughly 1,9k power, 1,8k prec,1,7k thoughness and 50% crit damage which according to my poor math skills double the crited dmg or adds 50% more... idk >.<)
    Thx for listening :)
  11. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

emm..was gonna catch you ingame but ur not on now so I'll just post my opinion here:
    I see you don't want a condition build; I think that's great, it relies too much on epidemic in wvw imo and having the enemy targeted (which obviously doesn't pair well with culling). If you don't care for solo-ability whatsoever and only want to aoepwnface and be a real tough nut to crack, a vampiric powerbuild for staff and wells is the way to go - this is my current build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQUQNBmQDbkRLZvSTUjfPBIp45rnew94iHpo4hB;TcAqkMJJSymkLJZSDLA

Ideally gear is knight's armor with same stat amulet and 1 earring + karka earring + 2x ascended all-stat rings or pow/tou/crit dmg if you can be bothered with that farm, else also knight stats.

You will be able to dish out a lot of aoe damage, control and support in a very short time and cooldowns are not horrible (plus the autoattack is also multi-target). The signet of the locust, in case ur wondering, is basically a 2-nd self heal when you're hitting 5 targets with it in this spec (besides the obvious speed utility when not fighting), heals for about 6k and every single skill on your bar will not only hurt the enemy but also heal you, small numbers that add up.
    If you'll be looking to adjust this spec, don't remove chilling darkness, it just works so well with the well of darkness and plague (of darkness ofc). :D
  12. Offline

Jinx Community Member

Okay... Is the ascended armor going to be available in the Feb patch or just the rings for WvW?... I mean,I can get the knight's parts now... and even the ascended rings but can wait as well. I dont want to buy all that stuff and new items (ascended armor) to be available in few weeks. I'll give a go to your build and gear set up,Im just trying to make sure it wont be wasted due to the new patches incoming (Feb one,I mean)
  13. Offline

We don't know anything for sure about what exactly the jan/feb patch(es) will bring in terms of progression, the word can mean a very wide array of things. As far as speculation goes, I think there are little-to-no chances for them to dish out ascended armor sets anytime soon as they will want to buy as much time as they can with this progression "mechanic" they came up with. I'm expecting ascended-stat gear from wvw for the slots available in pve, maybe the addition of earrings if anything and weapons (also extremely slim chance imo).
    I'm assuming that you haven't reached lvl 10 or 20 in fractals yet, so in this situation personally I would just get exotics now if I have the money as they're not all that expensive. Honestly I don't think the pow/pre/tou gear can be a waste if you want a power necro as toughness is your most beneficial stat and knight's set has the maximum of it (at this time). I don't think the runes (of the pack) that I'm using now are necessarily optimal, I just got them cause they're cheap, surely there are better alternatives or better-suited to your preference.
    My current situation allowed me to get full ascended pieces for the available slots on my ele "alt" right from the get-go as I had a fair amount of ascended rings stockpiled, if that weren't the case, I'd had just waited for the patch to see the changes. If however you do plan to farm via fractals, right now you need 10 daily runs of an even 10+ level fractal set to guarantee you the ring with the stats you want from the available options, during the 10 daily runs you will surely get at least one random stat combination ring from the daily bonus chest. For the back item you need 1850 fractal relics, 24 skill points and a vial of condensed mists essence (1st tier ascended MF component, drops from pretty much all mobs in fractals starting with lvl 1 at a relatively low rate).
  14. Offline

Jinx Community Member

I have the money for the exotics now so Im thinking of getting the Knight's set tomorrow. And yeah,out of all that calculations I came up to the conclusion that thoughness is the best I can get.
    Fractals farm are out of the table tho. Did 7 today for monthly and I dont want to see the instances any soon. So here comes the question of what jewels to buy. Go for full knight's jewels + berserker staff or berserker jewels + berserker staff . Even if we get full range of ascended jewels in the Feb patch available from WvW,I highly doubt we will be able to get them with badges which means some more X amount of time till we get them.
    Overall,I should have ~40 days before I get to know if I fucked up getting the exotics or not.
    Opinions for runes,sigils?... mix some,6 effects out of one?...
  15. Offline

Jinx Community Member

Will write it down before I've forgotten it :D
    Knight's full set with Superior runes of Rage,berserker jewels and berserker staff will result in roughly 2k power,1,9k precision,1,345 thoughness(~30% dmg reduction) and 18k HP,~50% crit chance,51% crit dmg. Due to the heals out of the wells I shouldnt need more thoughness and I'll get 36 seconds Fury duration when being stuck resulting in ~70% crit chance and 61 crit dmg.(In this power << crit dmg)
    In theory it sounds awesome. Need 20 more gold to finish it and see how it works.
  16. Offline

Jinx Community Member

Got the gear,re-trait too so stats are:
    Power - 1,880
    Precision - 1,793
    Thoughness - 1,445
    Vitality - 1,290
    Attack - 2,991
    Crit chance - 46%(51 crit dmg(61 when under the 36-second Fury duration when struck(with Fury 81)))
    Armor - 2,365
    Vitality - 22,112
  17. Offline

Lemme know how the gear spec performs, if you're happy with the performance of the rage runes (I'm assuming that's what you got based on the above post). Based on your assessment I will consider swapping my current rune set and finally bothering to get the berserker amulet and 1 earring (as the non-ascended slots I have there now have nothing to do with this build). ^^
  18. Offline

Jinx Community Member

19. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

20. Offline

Jinx Community Member

I re-traited to Tumble's build. Dont need more power tbh... Chill is very nasty skill and was wondering if increasing the chance to apply it and the duration is good idea.