Gear droplist Hardmode

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Verin, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Verin Community Member

Right!

Making a list of my experiences sofar doing the hardmodes and what I've confirmed from people experiencing it first hand. If anyone have a site that actually provides this I would not mind having it :p

PVE raid gear is :
    Tier 1 : Tionese
    Tier 2 : Columi
    Tier 3 : Rakata

They are basically the same items, just better then higher tier you get.
    They also all count towards the same set bonus.

This list is for Columi level token drops.
    The tokens all drop of the endbosses of each instance.
    You can turn in said tokens at the imperial fleet and get the best gear before operations.

BT = bracers
    directive 7 = pants
    boarding party = gloves
    false emp = chest
    battle of illan = offhand
    foundry = boots

normal operations:
    Karagga's palace
    Bonethrasher : head token

Unless we've missed something, I do not believe anyone has killed end boss of foundry. Due to him liking force lightning that ticks for 20k+ dmg/s ( read: horribly bugged ), but I'm assuming it will be a boot token. As this is the one I don't know where drops.

As far as operations go
    The drops are as follows:
    Normal mode : Tionese level drops, Columi Level tokens
    Hardmode : Colomi level drops, Rakata level tokens
    Nightmare : ?
  2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Well done verin! Looking forward to getting some pve ownage done really soon
  3. Offline

Verin Community Member

There are some bosses thats harder (read bugged) then others, but we've found ways to get around all but last on foundry.

Feel free to pm me ingame if anyone needs a quick pointer. Not gonna say it here incase someone wants to bang their heads against the wall :p
  4. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

On a further note, as a recommendation what you should be doing (if you're interested in hardmode and eventually nightmare raiding) for gear progression is doing all the hardmodes til you have the Tier 2 set piece (columi) from each place. Pretty sure it'll be very needed for hardmode and essential for nightmare, to be in full columi.
  5. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Small update, False Emperor is main hand weapon from HK47 and Chest from Malgus, Battle of Ilum is offhand and some other armor piece which I dunno yet, will find out by the end of the instance.
  6. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Managed to down HK-47 (he is a bit bugged) and last boss in Foundry on hardmode after some wipes, what a cock he is but now I'm not entirely sure if he's bugged or just meant to be really hard/random lol, cos its not just the lightning that does 70k+ dmg per tick, there is more stuff at the end that can happen at random, RNG basically, giving the impression that he is unkillable... Confirmed foundry drops boots btw, you can update that in the OP.
  7. Offline

Verin Community Member

Ye HK can be a bit annoying, especially if you're just starting out gearing. But there is ways around that bug.

As far as last boss we've always been sure he was downable even in current state ( nice to be proven right!) but due to the massive RNG element in that fight we decided it was simply not worth the effort until we had everything else done. Also the last bug we've got to with any certainty is that he can go permanently invuln if you dps him below 5% while he's casting the force storm.

I will also say this. If you want boots, running 8man EV operations is a far simpler solution as it stands now :)
    And as normal and hard/nightmare is on different timers I believe it to be the better option for gearing up.

A last mention is that if you are doing The False emperor : Bring 2 people that can knockback!
    If you don't you will not be able to finish it. I mention this because some groups have been stuck there due to poor encounter design.
  8. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

I guess that means belt drops in battle of ilum. Add mainhand weapons to False Emperor as well.
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Untrue, if you have high enough dps, you can kill him outright in the duels before he goes into the "knock me down or else" -mode. We had Balmung just slay him in the 1v1 and it was over, though I am quite uncertain if this is working as intended or he just bugged due to our solution; deeps.
  10. Offline

Verin Community Member

I wouldn't put my faith in a dps geting the duel though :p Let alone him making the mark as its fairly random what hp he's on at the duels.
    If there's a choice always go for the one that removes the RNG.