Game Update Notes

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Nariko, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Offline

Nariko Community Member

Game Update Notes – November 15, 2012

Mesmer
    • Moa Morph: Targets transformed by this skill have 5 new and less-frustrating skills, and this skill can also be used underwater to turn enemies into tuna. This skill now removes Death Shroud from the target instead of the necromancer being stuck in Death Shroud.
    • Portal: This skill’s recharge has been increased to 90 seconds.
    • Illusionary Duelist, Phantasmal Swordsman, Phantasmal Mage, Phantasmal Defender, Phantasmal Disenchanter, Phantasmal Rogue, Phantasmal Warlock, Illusionary Mariner, Illusionary Whaler, Phantasmal Berserker, and Phantasmal Warden: These skills must now be cast in line-of-sight of the target. These skills now behave as normal attacks that the mesmer must connect in order to summon the phantasm, and they will fail if the mesmer is blind or the ability is cast on an invulnerable target.
    • Phantasmal Mage: This skill’s confusion has been increased to 3 stacks for 3 seconds from 1 stack for 9 seconds. The recharge on Phantasmal Mage’s skill has been increased to 6 seconds from 5 seconds.
    • The Prestige: This skill’s damage has been increased by 100%.
    • Phantasmal Haste: This trait now works.
  2. Offline

Jame Community Member

I can understand why the phantasm changes were made, but this also means we're not much help with clearing up the battlements anymore. :/

We clearly had our meeting one day too early!
  3. Offline

Djai - Ine Veteran BOON

GS nerfed to the ground yeah :(
  4. Offline

Nariko Community Member

The only thing that got changed on the gs is the line of sight, which to be fair imo was a bug to begin with. The dmg as well as everything else on the gs has not been effected.
    :p Means we just have to adapt a bit.
  5. Offline

Jame Community Member

I agree, don't think the GS got nerfed. Still doing insane dmg with it. I'm viewing it as Nariko: They fixed a bug. The only thing is, that we're not that much help with clearing up the battlement anymore, so for now I'm going to consider myself "melee" when KC separates us to ranged and melee during attacks and give us different tasks.
  6. Offline

Elfins Veteran BOON

Since I mostly use staff/scepter+focus I can still pull players and put a chaos storm every now and then on battlements- I can switch to GS just before we go bomb our enemies. I'm more concerned with the longer cd on portals, which means we have to be even more careful with placing them since screwing up will be less forgiving.

And maybe now with the Prestige doing 100% more damage (if it wasn't for the terrible casttime) I could see that perhaps being useful in making a stealth build for mesmer with decoy / elite invisibilty, and traiting Prismatic Understanding in Chaos to make cloak skills last 1 second longer. Just an idea though :).
  7. Offline

Tesshu Veteran BOON

Well they just remove bug when we can send phantom to any target , so no more dps cata behind gate etc xD
  8. Offline

Nariko Community Member

Patch Notes 3. Dec.

Mesmer
    • Updated the description for Blurred Frenzy to indicate that it gives evasion through “Blur,” instead of “Distortion”.
    • Phantasms will now properly have all boons applied to them via player traits.
    • Phantasmal Disenchanter can now be cast at the correct distance.
  9. Offline

Elfins Veteran BOON

For those that don't know (as I didn't), the second tier of Inspiration trait (20 points) has a skill to reduce recharge of glamour skills by 20% called Glamour Mastery. Portals fall under glamour skills :).
  10. Offline

Nariko Community Member

Patch update 15. Dec.

Mesmer
    • Phantasmal Mariner: This phantasm now attacks more often, but does damage in line with its attack rate.
    • Illusionary Whaler: This phantasm now attacks more often, and now does a reasonable amount of damage.
    • Phantasms now initiate combat after .25 seconds instead of one second.
    • Feigned Surge: This skill is now a leap finisher.
    • Vortex: This skill now does pulsing damage after it is created, and is also an ethereal field.
    • Jab: Increased damage by 12.5%.
    • Evasive Strike: Increased damage by 25%.
    • Spinning Revenge: Recharge reduced from 15 to 12 seconds, and is also a whirl finisher.
    • Signet of Inspiration: Increased swiftness duration from five to ten seconds. This passive effect now works outside of combat.
    • Deception: Clones that use Winds of Chaos will now fire their projectile in a straight line, just as the mesmer’s Winds of Chaos does.
    • Decreased all Mantra cast times by one second.
    • Shattered Strength: Increased to three stacks of might and ten second duration.
    • Prismatic Understanding: No longer affects the Prestige. Now grants a random defensive boon every three seconds while in stealth. (Protection, Aegis, or Regeneration)
    • Critical Infusion: Vigor duration increased to five seconds. This can only trigger once every five seconds.
    • Blade Training: This trait is now applied to off-hand sword skills.
    • Dazzling: Now inflicts five stacks of vulnerability for eight seconds.
    • Phantasmal Warlock: Damage now matches the tooltip.
    • Phantasmal Duelist: Damage now matches the tooltip. Increased damage to match the lost damage from a previous bug fix.
    • Phantasmal Berserker: Damage now matches the tooltip.
    • Phantasmal Mage: Damage now matches the tooltip.
    • Temporal Curtain: Increased swiftness duration to 12 seconds.

• Mesmer Phantasm changes. We decreased the delay for the initial attacks on Mesmer phantasms. This will make them more responsible when they are first summoned.
    • Mesmer Portal. The Mesmer utility skill Portal now has a maximum # of times it can be used before it disappears. This means that 1 Mesmer can no longer send an infinite # of allies through a portal. The current # is 20, which may come down more later. We still want the Mesmers to feel cool for having such a powerful ability, but we also want to put a limit on the # of players a defending team needs to worry about coming out of 1 Mesmer Portal, especially in WvW.
  11. Offline

Jinx Community Member

arrrmm... drexy mentioned sth about mesmer's portal going to be limited to 20 players... cant see that in this patch?.. :oops:
  12. Offline

Alaraum Veteran BOON

It was all the way down...
    • Mesmer Portal. The Mesmer utility skill Portal now has a maximum # of times it can be used before it disappears. This means that 1 Mesmer can no longer send an infinite # of allies through a portal. The current # is 20, which may come down more later. We still want the Mesmers to feel cool for having such a powerful ability, but we also want to put a limit on the # of players a defending team needs to worry about coming out of 1 Mesmer Portal, especially in WvW.
  13. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

14. Offline

Jinx Community Member

meh,I actually hoped this aint true... meh Mesmer portals are sth making this game raiding special and distinguishing the randoms from the organised guilds... and now its getting nerfed :(
  15. Offline

Jame Community Member

Twenty is still plenty. We got tons of mesmers as well. We can easily shift the whole raid with two. Can't think of occasions when we would have more than 40 of us in one place. Of course when the randoms use them as well, it might get tricky. I'm sure we'll adapt.
  16. Offline

Jynks Community Member

We have tons of Mesmers, now we can actually put them to good use ;) Sure, it's annoying that we won't be able to port an infinite amount of people, but it's not a gamebreaker tbh.