Game Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gurtholfin, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Ok so I'm still regularly playing HoN and enjoy it, but with that genre of game you regularly need frustration breaks and play other games. I've finished Diablo (in the sense that I hit lvl 60, started Inferno and found the thought of playing the same game for the fourth time utterly pointless) and have pretty much quit it now.

So now I'm looking for non-MMO suggestions of games to play. I don't mind going back in time somewhat and even open to cheap games on Steam etc. Don't particularly want to spend a fortune on games. I'll list many of the ones I've played already of late to avoid overlap on suggestions:

Diablo 3, HoN, LoL, Dota2, Portal 2, Batman Arkham x 2, Anno 2070, Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2 (not 3), Dirt 2, Starcraft 2 (main release), Kingdoms of Amalur, Skyrim, Witcher 2, Shogun 2, Trine 2, Minecraft, Dragon Age 2, From Dust, Bastion (way cooler than D3), All of the Lego Games (kids) (ordered Lego DC Heroes for PS3 already).

Are the following any good?
    Crusader Kings II, Alan Wake, Orcs Must Die, Waking the Dead

I'm looking for PC game recommendations specifically - I do have a PS3 but rarely get on the TV to play it much.

Gurth
  2. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Icewind Dale 2. Baldur's Gate 2. Neverwinter Nights.
  3. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Orcs Must Die is pretty fun but lack co-op (OMD 2 will have it!!!). I would say go play Dragon Age 1 and see how awesome it is compared to DA2.
  4. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

5. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

if you like that type of game, yes, crusader kings 2 will give you tons of fun
  6. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Driver: San Francisco, Deus Ex:HR.
  7. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Wow Orcs must die is 7 euro on there. Amnesia 3.73 euro? Is that site fully legit? I think I've bought from them before though I think.
    Might give that Crusader Kings 2 game a go too.... always liked those games ever since 'Defender of the Crown' on C64 (groundbreaking in it's day!)
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

Gamersgate is legit as I have used it many a time. It's indie bundle at the mo has 6 top quality games for 4 quid so a bargain.

Yeah steam deals next week so save your money unless you see some real bargains.
  9. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

10. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

shogun 2 fall of the samurai!
  11. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Alan Wake and Walking Dead on PC are fantastic games, you can get the Walking Dead direct from their website and pay in $ rather than £ which will save you a pretty penny :)
  12. Offline

Tent Community Member

Try and grab Aquaria during the upcoming sale if you haven't played it yet.
    It's amazing.

It's a Metroidvania game, suppose you do have to like those to enjoy it.

To kill the time until the next summer sale on steam (should be next Thursday) play some free to plays.
    Team (hat!) fortress 2 might be a good choice if you are into fps.
  13. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Quantum Conundrum is another, comes out today (at 6pm UK), made by Kim Swift and co (the creators of Portal & Portal 2). Played it at E3 and it is fantastic (I'm a big fan of Portal mind). It's £8.99/£12.59 until 6pm and you get free TF2 goodies :)
  14. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

how was confrontation Acina worth getting?
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Nope, wouldn't bother. Not my best purchase tbh.
  16. Offline

Tal The Architect

17. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Got the Orcs must die game - good fun alright.
    Just noticed on Steam that Deux Ex Human Revolution is 7.49 euro - pretty worth it I assume?
  18. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Wooot its really cheap now 0o. Definitely worth buying.
  19. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

Baldurs Gate games are getting a remake so dont play those yet.
    Deus Ex: HR if you havent played it

Try Uncharted (all 3 of them) for the PS3
    Fallout games?
  20. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Oh and get Bastion if you didn't play it!