GAME shares suspended from trading

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fizzee, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Source
  2. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Wow this is big. Think the online retailers are stealing the market quite successfully though now, a lot of retail shop fronts, not just computer games, are down since the Internet shopping became the easy way to shop.
  3. Offline

Saul Community Member

The High Street is Dead, it cost me £8 just to park for 2 hours on Sunday.. The best comment I heard about the future of the High Street is this, "The High Street needs to adapt from Retail to Recreational".

All over Europe, they have regular local trading markets, we have maybe 1 every month or bi weekly at best, imo the High Street will continue to die, untill councils implament a regular local traders Market on a daily basis, and retailers, stop focusing on just selling and focus more on recreation.

Game should have seen this coming years ago. The UK is very short on Internet Cafe's compared to many in the EU and even more in Asia. Game should have turned itself into the Countries leading Internet Cafe company, and selling boxed media as a by product to those who go there for their uninterrupted gaming fix.

Slow, Greedy, Company, is Dead.. live and learn imo.
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Cashing in loyalty card points before they go bust I think.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

I would think they are null and void now. Lazy thinkers will always fail.

To many mistakes in the past few years. They should have let gamestation die instead of buying it but they were to worried about gamestop to think.

I believe pc gamers have known for about 5 years online downloads are the way forward. Yet future consoles designers still believe they needs shop media for full retail impact.
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

They are now filing for administration.
    Bye bye GAME group, you were great for years, but your greed and inability to adapt has cost you.

Thoughts go out to the thousands soon to become unemployed in this terrible economical climate.
  7. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

If they file for admin potentially they can be snapped up for a bargain, not sure who would want to buy them though.
  8. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

9. Offline

Saul Community Member

Gamespot, etc, there are few American companies who have said they are interested, but have decided to await administration as they get a far better deal and can sell or keep as many shops as they like, where as outside administration they have to keep all the shops or pay redundancy.
  10. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

a fool with more money than sense?

personally I'm glad I spent the little amount of reward points that I had as soon as the problems with Game started
  11. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

for the last 10 year I have bought all my games either online, downloaded or ASDA! can't remember every buying a pc game from a computer game shop :rolleyes:

I just hope steam goes fucken bust next ..I..
  12. Offline

adagio Moderator

Steam could be the only thing that saves the pc come the next generation of consoles.
  13. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

I can't see that happening somehow.
  14. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

This, it has massive flaws (like being able to ban you from the potentially hundreds of pounds worth of games) but it IS a huge reason PC gaming is in a resurgence.

There just needs to be some legistlation passed to stop them being able to take away your games, and from requiring online for most titles, and more competition to keep them innovative.

Regardless, GAME is on its way out and I can't see anyone snapping it up.
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Checked my reward card and there was only like £4 on it.

I forgot I used them all to get a free copy of SC2 when it released.

Still, I lost £4!!!! Damn you Game!!!
  16. Offline

Tal The Architect

I bought a PS3 with a games bundle from GAME and put it on my reward card. I checked it about a year afterwards as I never really shop there and I had no reward points or whatever on the card.

Not that it matters, they were a complete rip - albeit they mostly always sold at RRP. If I needed a copy of a game asap I would go to ASDA. If I wanted to pre-order, my first choice would always be Amazon.
  17. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

18. Offline

Tal The Architect

19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Pics or it didn't happen.