Frogster and TERA

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Angelo, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Offline

Angelo Community Member

So once again Frogster show how incapable they are of running an MMO, there was a Sneak Peak weekend planned for those that don't know and it never happened due to technical issues when people logged on and the server went down. They gave out thousand of keys and then couldn't handle anything.

Their statement;

Many people already doubted Frogster and now this just makes it worse, heard a lot of people will probably play on NA instead and live with a bit more latency.
  2. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

First and biggest mistake they did was to let all the pre-orders in during the sneak peak event, even though they had originally planned for only the "special keys" to get in.
  3. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Exactly, at first I thought it was just people making this up and then I realised that they actually let people in that pre-order, its just damn right stupid, I saw about 10 sites offering keys that ranged from 500-4000 keys on each so I have no clue what they were thinking in letting people who pre-ordered as well.
  4. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

I heard about this while it was happening, my Swedish friend that was looking forward to this game was pretty upset. He said they still plan to have the "Sneak Peak" though and are going to add an extra day so he said it doesn't bother him that much. I'm not sure if that is still the case or not though.

On the positive side at least from my friends point of view there is a lot of hype over it, which is always good. I just hope frogster can pick up their game and deliver a quality game to the public without these kinds of issues in the future. Not that I really care since I live in the U.S. and we have En Masse not that we know if they are any better yet.
  5. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Isn't the first beta already next weekend though or is it in 2 weeks? So how on earth will they add in 3 days unless they do it during the week if it is this week.

EDIT: First one is 17th, meaning they'll probably do it next weekend. We'll have to see what happens then.
  6. Offline

I don't know that's why I said that I wasn't sure that was still the case. I know the first NA CBT is February 10th, I don't know what it is for EU. They may just scrap it or add it in some other time. I guess everyone will just have to wait and see. It doesn't effect me either way though so whatever I don't care haha.
  7. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Is there no way to buy like in EU a beta key thing that lets you in to all the betas? Wanted to try NA to see what the ping/lag was like.
  8. Offline

I have no idea unfortunately. I doubt you could, I think you would have to use either a friends from EU or NA or buy it yourself, which I'm not sure how that would work.
  9. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Hmm I could Pre-Order from gamestop, then cancel my pre-order after they send a beta key xD
  10. Offline

Haha you should try it and see what happens! I don't know how the beta key stuff works though that way. Like I ordered my Digital Collectors Edition from En Masse and I was never given a "Beta Key". I'm not sure how that stuff will work yet, as far as I know none of the people that have pre-ordered have gotten a beta key yet from it, but we know we will be able to participate in the beta. We can however download the client for the game, I'm guessing they might do it that way, not sure... Anyways I guess to know for sure I will have to wait till February 10th.
  11. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Yes I remember doing the whole pre order thing to get a key in Aion when I use to play with some friends from NA, but i've read gamestop hasn't been handing out beta codes so I better not risk it. Ill just see what happens.
  12. Offline

I have also heard they haven't been handing out beta keys. It's weird. I'm guessing how it works is you buy the game, apply the game code to your account and you are in the Beta's. That's basically how I assume it's working with the digital orders.
  13. Offline

Angelo Community Member

14. Offline

Nice I'm patching right now for CBT this weekend. This is from the En Masse Facebook page:
  15. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Yes doing that now!

See their communication to people is so much better than on EU, EU it was like "Sorry servers are broken we're trying to fix it" 12hours later "Sorry event cancelled"
  16. Offline

Haha I hope. It all comes down to how the first CBT kicks off. On a side note I keep getting weird errors with my NA launcher so strange. Anyways not that it matters I still have 4 days.
  17. Offline

Angelo Community Member

The launchers for EU/NA are identical wish i could just copy paste from 1 side to another. Not really a problem since my pc can be on all night if needed to download.
  18. Offline

Angelo Community Member

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=35098&p=877558#post877558

Anyone from here going to be playing this weekend, if so drop us a message!
  19. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

im playing. Since tera is extremely ping-sensitive, i'm not going to play on NA servers, so ill have to suck it up and stick with frogster
  20. Offline

Ebel Veteran BOON

Got a key myself for EU CB. :)

The only problem is I get home late so I only have a few hours to play till servers are down :(