Fridays boredom question - Week 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adagio, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

Who has been your favourite gaming developer of time?

Mine has to be simply be sensible software. Not because of the soccer game but because of megalomania. Probably my Fav game of all time.
  2. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

tough one. Can't really pick one but my top 3 are : (old)SSI, Westwood, Bioware (pre-2007)
  3. Offline

Tent Community Member

Hmm.

Has to be either Konami (Metal Gear) or Nippon Ichi Software (Disgaea) for me.
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Valve.
    I also love Bethesda, after those two I hit indie devs and none really stand out.
  5. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

This one is really complicated... I mean, if we look at singular games that I love we've got Nox and CnC from Westwood, Might and Magic from New World computing and Baldurs Gate from Bioware, and Ubisoft (long list there) but most of these have some really shit titles next to the ones I like. Consistent lineups have to be Maxis, Black Isle and Bethesda, but that's largely due to not making that many games.

As for the Grand Prize: Double Fine Productions. Never played anything they made that wasn't amazing.

(interestingly enough, after a bit of a wikispree I see that my childhood hero Jon Van Caneghem went on to form Trion?!)

Edit: How did I forget Valve? Good job me.
  6. Offline

Yhymoto Community Member

Riot Games all the way, they made League of Legends such a great game, but it's not only the game it self they support community in all ways, organizing amazing events and a lot staff more.
  7. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

westwood bar nothing! I was top ranked in europe on C&C Renegade for all of a day, and spent countless hours raising armies in all the other C&C games.
  8. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

Lucasarts..... Monkey Island series etc
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I would have to say Sega.

They haven't made the best games of all time and they have not made any of what I would consider my top 5~10 games of all time, but overall, I think they have made the most games I have enjoyed playing. So bang for buck, I would say Sega are always worth relying on, maybe not in recent years, but certainly in the past.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  10. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Whoever made RIFT. They were geniouses.
  11. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

i heard the ones who made origin were quite awesome
  12. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

Hands down Bethesda.
    Not because of skyrim and crap like that.
    Because of Daggerfall.
    Haven't finsihed it yet.
  13. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Bioware and Bethesda for me, share the same spot.
  14. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

blizzard, they took most of my money.
  15. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Most young pups won't know him, but I'd say 'Jeff Minter'
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You're right I had no idea of him... But looked him up on Wikipedia, 2 things I noticed, 1st is he's from Reading. 2nd, all his games look like an acid trip....
  17. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

It's a tough pick for me, between Bethesda (Because of Daggerfall and Morrowind) or Bioware (because of Baldur's Gate I and II, Icewind Dale I and II and NWN I)
  18. Offline

Ceeo Community Member

Blizzard!
  19. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Westwood for the C&C series

Blizzard for warcraft and starcraft

Bioware for the old republic and the god of all games, Mass Effect