Free World Transfers: Limited to Once Every 24 Hours

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Selenus, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Lol, have people been banned for the orichalcum farming server swapping?! Would be kinda funny.
  3. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

not yet, but there is speculation its because orchalcum dropped in price so heavily (like 2s each or something retarded) that the TP was brought down.

Pure speculation though, and glad they put a stop to it, the whole server hopping thing was pissing me off (despite using it to get my whispering set :p)
  4. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Makes sense, thing is the worst abusers have already used the swapping to get an advantage. One of the reasons I didn't do it is that it had the same grey area as previous exploits had!

Glad they are changing it though.
  5. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Well.. the WWW advantage would have only been there up to guesting. From then on it's either expensive (an alt) or skill rather than ghosting. Wouldn't have mattered in the long run. Still, it's kinda ruining the game atm.
  6. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

you cant create another char of a difference server?
  7. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Well this is disappointing. If i wanna play with friends i wont be able to return in time for sieging, so basically is the same as not being able to transfer. :(
  8. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

No, the homeworlds are account based.
  9. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

No, your account is on a server, not character.
  10. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Thats good. Makes it harder for ppl to spy(even tho i pretty sure we have a spy in the guild)
  11. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Mm reconsidering - this still doesn't solve the issue. It just requires more dedication. Gathering node hopping is 'solved' now though
  12. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Hm, they should have waited till monday. :(
  13. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

long overdue, but as karasu said it still doesn't solve the issue.
  14. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Only thing I was bothered about was the excessive use of spys to follow the other sides guilds around the map and make commander tags effectively useless infact a penalty, and this was being done by the most organised, best pvpers etc etc who had to resort to such tactics because they were gettgin thier asses handed to them in fair fights.
  15. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

About time.

I still don't think it will solve the issue of spies, as if any guild is determined enough to do it they will have people on the other servers pretty much full time, making it fairly simple for them to change once a week.

How would we avoid it? Difficult, but people need to move very quickly and ideally unpredictably (something we're quite good at generally, people just need to be faster) to throw them off or give false positives.
  16. Offline

Warprophet Community Member

the spy issue will never stop, there is currently no way of stopping second account players from having an alt on an opposition server, and even when gem cost is implemented this will only stop the poorly subsidised guilds.. 2 weeks for 2characters on the opponents server spread between a 200player guild will probably be an acceptable cost (in gold) to some serious WvW allainces
  17. Offline

HardKoar Community Member

Spy or not, we are raping them at our own pleasure while outnumbered every single day.
    So let them and add to it : Come at me broh :D!