Found a bug?

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Tal, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Tal The Architect

If you think you've found a major bug with the new website, feel free to let me know in this thread and I will take a look.
  2. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

I was fiddling with profile page about an hour ago, put in occupation, clicked save, it came up with an error has occurred (the same way it comes up with your post has been made in the transparent overlay) and has been saved to the logs, and then closed me browser.

Just tried to get it to replicate when I saw this, but it seems to be working now. Not sure 100% sure it was the occupation field but the only thing I changed when I went back to it just after it crashed was removing a space after occupation.

No biggy, as not doing it now, but interesting to see what happened.
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

For some reason I couldnt add an avatar to my profile as it would make the field empty straight away, I used a Gravatar to get around it though.
  4. Offline

Tal The Architect

I can't see that error unfortunately. Could have been a few things like a session timeout, were you doing anything else at the time or left the tab open and did other things before you submitted the info?

Maybe the filesize was too big?
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I didn't use gravatar as it actually made my avatar all blurry and horrible. Using the default method however, it worked. Did you get any kind or error message ?

This could be your problem as Gravatar automatically resizes your avatar to suit the forums settings. Probably the reason mine looked shit in gravatar.
  6. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Well I tried an 100x100 pixel one at first, using Google Chrome. It recommends you use a 200x200 though so I tried that too. Tried it on IE aswell, it just seemed to remove the text straight away. Gonna try it again now.

EDIT: Ah now atleast it gives me an Error file size is too large, didnt give me any message last time. 29,3 kb is too large apparently so that was the problem, I'll just use the Gravatar one then. Can easily make it around 5kb adjusting the JPEG quality though. Whats the max size?
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

29.29kB from what I can see, lol. (No joke)
  8. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

9. Offline

No tal, submitted it straight away, like i said no big deal as it hasn't happened again
  10. Offline

Not a bug n not sure if its just me, but can you increase the divider between sig and the post?

Cus i have like quote in sig it looks as though its part of post :eek:
  11. Offline

Tal The Architect

Tbh I was actually considering turning sigs off. It would make conversations look a bit more fluid.
  12. Offline

Mizou Community Member

yeah they dont fit in this look right now, or u get a line in that u can actually see + a free space line
  13. Offline

Dunno sigs are pretty good if they are limited to a certain amount of chars or image size

I think it just needs to be split slightly with a more solid line, theres also a lot of room AFTER the sig but before the next post that could maybe be removed?
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

One line of text as a sig looks okay on this forum, but images and quotes look pretty terrible.

Think the only way forward is to either switch sigs off, or prevent the use of tags so no images/quotes/whatever can be used.
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I kind of agree with this, atm with the look of the forum 1 line of text in a sig is fine, if at any point we adjust the layout/colour a little later on we can always turn them back on.
  16. Offline

removed quote and it does look better, does need a divider line though
  17. Offline

Tal The Architect

There is a divider! Maybe it just needs to be made a bit more obvious :)
  18. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Make it pink and fluffy, I'm sure it will be noticeable then.
  19. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Pink + Orange, I can only imagine the horrors.
  20. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

adding lime green to that would spice it up even more *shudders*

But ye perhaps a bit more noticeable line between the signature and the post would help things, I've confused the signature for being content in the post plenty of times.