Forum Update - Thread Tagging

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Aspira, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The forums were upgraded last night to the newest version on XenForo.

One of the new features that this gives us is thread tagging.

This is currently in the process of being set up for the full forum, but it is already complete for the SWTOR section.

When you create a new thread, to the left of where you type the thread title, you will be asked to prefix the thread if you feel it needs a prefix. For the SWTOR forums, each class forum has prefixes for the classes advanced professions and there is also prefixes in the PvP/PvE and general forums to tag crafting and flashpoints and other useful stuff.

You can also filter a forum to only show threads that are tagged with a certain tag. To do this, simply click on a tag next to a thread and it will ask you if you want to filter for this tag only.

There will be more tags added for other forums as we decide what is needed, but for now you should find it even easier to find what your looking for in the SWTOR section, especially once it starts getting busier in there.
  2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

3. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

good one, looks nice.
  4. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

what happened with the "mark as read" button, am i blind or did it get moved/removed?
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

6. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

yeah I know, but didnt there use to be one in the sub forums aswell? or am i mixing this forum up with another.
  7. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Nah it was there, now it isn't :( the button that Aspira linked will give you the option to only mark the forum you looking at as read.
  8. Offline

Tal The Architect

Hmm. I never used that mark as read sub forum feature. I'll take a look in a bit.
  9. Offline

Tal The Architect

@Acina @Merketh - The mark forums read button does this now, instead of having 2 different buttons :)

If you are in a forum or sub forum, hit that button and it will give you an option to mark the subforum as read or mark the entire forum as read :)
  10. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

aye figured it out , cheers!
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

SC2, LoL and DotA2 tags have been added to the eSports forum. Please use them when you are making new threads about tournaments or when looking for groups so that people can easily see which game you are referring to.

This adds to the SWTOR ones which were all done earlier (again, please use these as they are very helpful).

General forums also have a NSFW tag which I would ask to be used whenever needed.

I am open to suggestions for any other tags that people think should be added either globally or to specific forums. Please just put your suggestions here (sensible suggestions please!!! :p).
  12. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I would like a trolling tag please :-P
  13. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

+1