Firefall FPS/3PS MMO - Red5

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

MMO in development by Red5. Seems to allow you to move between first person and 3rd person so its not a true FPSMMO. Sci-fi setting, and seems to have a feel of TF2 when you watch the developer walkthrough video embedded below. Graphics seem similar to, but far more polished than, the old xbox game XIII which was a pretty decent game despite being slagged off by most of the reviewers.

Seems to have loads of dynamic events and the world seems to change constantly depending on the actions of players. How the PvP will play out will be very interesting. If you have to do these "mining missions" in open world PvP zones, then you will be effectively creating your own "capture and hold" battlegrounds which you carry out your mining operation.

Had my eye on this for a while thanks to Fallanx pointing it out, and I think it's a game that we should all keep and eye on.

Developer walkthrough video here;

This video is on the firefall site on their main page and includes a developer voice commentary to help you understand what is going on.

Cinematic Trailer.

I think it could be a really good game and definitely worth signing up to the beta for.

Forums: http://www.firefallthegame.com/forums/

Beta Signup: http://www.firefallthegame.com/forums/register.php
  2. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

This game will hopefully rock )
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Definately worth keeping an eye on.
  4. Offline

Shantotto Guest

The problem w/ these kind of games is they end up being 16/32 player limited zones and it's basically CS/whatever in some gimmicky "not an actual" mmo format.

I played tabula rasa and thought it was pretty ass ( hence it died ), the most popular "Mmo" fps is probably planetside and it didn't really do any special numbers.
  5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Still makes it possible playing as a female char, doubles the fun for me :p. Cosmetics!
  6. Offline

Tal The Architect

You're definitely a bumder.
  7. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Looks rather good, hopefully it won't be limited to zones like shant says but we'll see i guess
  8. Offline

Tal The Architect

Looking into this a bit more:

I keep hearing that there will be only hundreds or players in the game. What exactly does that mean?

9. Offline

Tal The Architect

I would probably take that as good news, they also said no phasing either. I have a feeling it might turn out to be like an MMO Borderlands which could be quite good!
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Ye TaI think its gona be pretty decent. It's not even got a release date yet and they don't seem to release much information outside of major games conventions.
  11. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Good point, I never gave Borderlands a try. Is it worth trying out still? I heard there were some really good DLC's for it aswell.
  12. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Definitely worth giving a go, keep your eyes on steam they'll probably have it on offer, managed to pick it up last year for £3.99 :p
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Updated the OP with the games cinematic, forgot to add it initially.
  14. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Nice vid indeed, it will be a free 2 play mmo. Not sure how they will monetise it or if there's will be limitations.
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Practically all new MMO's will be free to play from next year, just got to hope they don't make silly choices with what they allow you to buy with real cash.
  16. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

18. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I hate this. I want to pay a sub and have acces to my freaking game. I hope you never can buy items this way
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

You should watch GDC coverage Doodle, f2p with microtransaction stores earns way more than subs. Hence the whole payment method will switch in the next year or so.
  20. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

well depending on how they handle their capitalistic bullshit micro-transaction cunt system i will prob stop playing mmo's completely (yeah IM MAD BROO!11oeone)

or... turn in to a sucker and spend 100's of euros on shit i dont even need