FFXIV: ARR Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Acina, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

The battle is joined: Starting new and fighting through Final Fantasy XIV's relaunch
    The first few moments of playing a new game are going to be crucial to any player. With an eye toward the game's original version, I went through the process of starting a new character, working through early quests, and seeing how the game plays at both lower and higher levels.

Land and Hand: Crafting and gathering in Final Fantasy XIV's relaunch
    FFXIV's crafting and gathering systems have always been more involved than those of other games, and the relaunch continues this trend. Take a look at how the game makes crafting and gathering classes relevant and fun to play while clearing away some of the old version's cumbersome elements

Final Fantasy XIV's Yoshida on PvP, chocobos, and mobile apps
    After playing the game, I had an opportunity to sit down with Naoki Yoshida and ask some questions about what I had seen, and in many cases what I hadn't yet seen. If you want to know more of what the game will feature beyond the beta, take a look.

Massively Exclusive: A dinner with Final Fantasy XIV's Naoki Yoshida
    And after the last set of questions, I had a chance to sit down with the man himself to talk more about the process of taking a game and blowing it up just to remake it again. This is all about the process leading to that decision and what influences the relaunch we're getting.

Touring La Noscea and Thanalan in Final Fantasy XIV
    My time spent at the Final Fantasy XIV tour didn't just include a preview of the areas to be found in the upcoming beta. No, we proud and few got the chance to also explore some of the game's other iconic areas, areas closed off at the start of the beta but slated for opening later on in the testing process.

source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/0...hensive-preview-of-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm/

2. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

It's well worth reading through the 5 Linked articles, shed loads of information if you are interested in FFXIV: ARR
  3. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

4. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is a complete overhaul of Square Enix’s much maligned MMO, FFXIV – and, by crikey, it needed it. No one is more convinced of this than A Realm Reborn game director Naoki Yoshida, who I’ve conveniently just interviewed using a box which captures changes in light and sound across time, as you will see after the jump. He doesn’t pull his punches: “We took our fanbase for granted,” he says. “We lacked the knowledge of the global standard for MMOs, the knowledge of other titles. We didn’t have the heart, the spirit or the passion to challenge the market.”

Oof. He then goes on to check off a list of the game’s gigantic errors – an unpalatable progress structure, inadequate server architecture, a woeful interface – none of which, we can presume, Square Enix will be making in its ground-up renovation. Certainly, Yoshida knows his MMO onions – he’s played pretty much all of them, is currently smacked up on Guild Wars 2 and harbours a long-time love of Dark Ages of Camelot’s PvP. These are good things by which to be inspired and it all suggests that A Realm Reborn is definitely not to be written off.

See what you think of Yoshida’s claims in the video below:

source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/22/f...nted-we-lacked-the-knowledge-of-other-titles/

Fallanx Astarael yes/no , and either the MerkBot is broken or he doesn't like FF games :p
  5. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

the latter D: , atleast for FF 14 which i played early and got burned. this reboot looks interesting though.
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Yeh I played it back when it came out and got a little burnt as well, but I am interested in checking out the reboot.
  7. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Merketh did you get an email today then?
  8. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

I got my email today.
  9. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Whooohoo :)
  10. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Beta email????
  11. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Maybe!

Aren't you in Dubai?
  12. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Yes i am. But the internet is worldwide :p
  13. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

So did you get email?
  14. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

nope :S only from planetside
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

amg you got hacked !!!!1111one!
  16. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

no- i never bought the retail game, played the Alpha and cb.
  17. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Ooo Magitek Armour being added to FFXIV

18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea, this will be the next game I play.
  19. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Fuck yeah got beta invite!
  20. Offline

Melody Community Member

^ i know this feel