Far Cry 3

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Maskerad, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Jizzzzzzzz.
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It does look great, but HP bars > bloodscreen. Bloodscreen is far to unskilled CoD noobfest for me. Other than that, this game looks pretty decent all round from what this video shows. Any word on how many hours the story takes to complete on hardest settings ?
  3. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I'll ask when I get the chance.
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I agree that the auto-health regeneration takes away immersion, they could've let the guy seek cover and apply some sort of bandages or painkillers w/e just so it doesn't look like he can run through a rain of bullets continually. But the game looks nice, although apart from a cool badguy it doesn't show anything new.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I see your point of not adding anything new Pete and I guess I have to agree, with what is shown in the trailer anyway. You cannot agrue that it looks outstanding, and if the campaign/story takes a good amount of hours to complete on the hardest setting, I may just buy it for that, but yes, you are right, this "just another shooter". A bloody good looking shooter though. Maybe there are new things they bring to the genre that the trailer doesn't show and someone else on the forum can enlighten us with.

Health bar and use of bandages/painkiller/medpak/stimpak/whatever is infinitely better than bloodscreen regeneration. Damn xbox and CoD have a lot to answer for.
  6. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Is it only me that finds annoying the arrows pointing where you are getting hit from?
    Fucking consoles making easy mode.
  7. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I played cod for looong time and you would be suprised how many ppl doesnt even look at this "arrows" or they are not listening steps etc.
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yes. Again, there needs to be a mode to disable all this stuff. All I want is a gun, an hp bar, a health pack and an objective. No go here go there directions, no HUD telling me how many bullets I have in my gun or how many I have left, no arrows showing where enemies are, no flashing "CLICK ME" items in the gameworld. I WANT A CHALLENGE. Too much to ask in this day and age ?
  9. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

I don't understand the arrows either, you are still not paying attention to them when you are being shot at. The best way and most realistic way is to hear where the shots come from, it's also more realistic and less intrusive. Just make sure you don't have a Mono headset..if they still exist.
  10. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I find that fighting the UI/controls is a bad way of challenging you. :p The choices you make should be more relevant imho.

Also, even though I personally am a fan of the oldschool health-bar thing I think the immersion argument is quite silly, it's not like either option is even remotely realistic. If you want realistic, play ArmA/Operation Flashpoint.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I don't argue either is immersive, just that health bar with healing consumables is far more skilled than bloodscreen with regeneration.
  12. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I didn't reply to you either ;) They can both have distinct advantages/disadvantages though. For example, environmental control is more important in the auto-regen version (since you generally need cover to gain health) but favors only burst, whilst there is an added skill-element of if you can slowly wittle someone down in a healthbar game they will be out of consumables etc. It's not black and white.
  13. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

THIS!

I didnt buy good headset only to talk lol.
  14. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

The one thing that told me it was consolised before I even saw the ps3 controller was the glowing guns when dropped! Why would a gun suddenly become golden when the guy wielding it dies?
    Looks graphically pretty good (not a huge jump from what we are used to on pc since crysis 1) but the gameplay looks like same old shit.

Sorry but wide berth from me.
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

uhh shit like that has been in games forever, mostly in Modern Military and WWII games. But yeah it's unnecessary aswell, as graphics nowadays make it rather easy to recognize a weapon. But hey, its still better than having a gun in the middle of a shrine or block floating in mid air right?
  16. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

YES it is.

PS best option go install medal of Honor allied assult form 2003ish? still not played a better fps since.
  17. Offline

Dragonay Community Member

Farcry 2 sucked IMO, so not even gonna bother with this one :/
  18. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I talked to one of the guys in QA, who accidentally said they had been working on making it the longest campaign they've ever pushed. Then he realized he couldn't say that, so it will last about 10 minutes (12 if you're bad).
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

lol.