Failed to assemble my new comp

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Juggernaught, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

Yeah yeah yeah... I know...

I probably shouldnt admit it but I fudged it up.

I hooked up my new motherboard, Processor and RAMS, connected everything and my windows just wont start.

I think the issue is the SATA drives who are faulty connected but I can find my drives when im in the BIOS, but it just doesnt start up.

It goes as far as the Windows 7 startup logo, then I get a quick blue screen and then it says it cant start windows.

Any brilliant ideas from the ppl who just know more shit then me ;)
  2. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Are you sure everything is connected up correctly? Everything in the right place?
    Check if you're SATA drives are connected to the proper SATA ports, some are SATA 3 while others are SATA 2.

If it doesn't work, take everything apart rebuild it. It worked for me when my PC wouldn't work when i pressed the power on.
  3. Offline

adagio Moderator

If it didn't start first time due to a failure restart from scratch again. Its always something you overlook.

Make sure you start with default bios before you start overclocking. Make sure your memory is seated correctly. make sure a sound card is fitted correctly. everything is powered etc. Then if it fails again write down the error message and google it. Its normally one of the memory sticks acting up if it crashes during windows. try just one memory module and see if it loads that way.
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

If your getting a blue screen, then there should be an error code in the bottom left of the blue screen.

If you google the error code, it should tell you what the problem is.

Either write it down fast when it pops up, or try spamming F8 when your PC is loading and choose to boot up in safe mode. If this works correctly, then the error code will be in your crash log folder, but it sounds like you probably won't load in safe mode anyway, so just write the code down and google it on your other machine.
  5. Offline

Tal The Architect

Erm, you need to reinstall Windows with new hardware.
  6. Offline

Seriously, so I have to reinstall windows 7 just cause I got new hardware.
    Arrgghhh dammit....
  7. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

New Mobo/cpu = reinstall OS, always has been this way.
  8. Offline

I have always bought completely new comps instead of upgrading, but now I know better.
    Thx alot for the help oh wise ones.
  9. Offline

Tal The Architect

Yep it's a bit annoying to be honest. At least you know the problem now! :)
  10. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

11. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

Sometimes u don't need to reinstall windows after u put new devices but is highly recommanded to reinstall windows. When i put my new CPU , motherboard and RAM's i installed my OS after a week. In that time my PC worked with the old windows.

PS : BTW guys can u give some names for some good dolby digital headphoes? I will like to buy 1 pair of those but i don't know which are better.
  12. Offline

Gib Community Member

I would strongly recommend Sennheiser headphones.