EVE: Trapping a Supercarrier

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Karasu, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Offline

Karasu Community Member

2. Offline

adagio Moderator

Not being funny but the guys who carried out that attack just sound like arseholes with no class. It's the classic gullible lovesick fool who gets taken to the cleaners by a girl then lured to a place to be beaten up by a gang of her friends.

There was no classy deception, just hey wanna come along to a fight. Sounds like they took a lot of this guys money by fitting stuff to his ship. This guy was obviously inexperienced as he asked for help in what gear he needed. He was given advice that would make him useless in a fight but he didn't know better. He then proceeded to a given point to join his friend where he was set upon. His weapons ineffectual against them and he thought they were friendly. So he was dead in the water.

Also on other sites it sounds like the ppl who did the killing and posted it and missed huge gaps of convoy. Likely where they took real money from the guy.
  3. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

I'd be lying if i said I fully understand the exact goings on in that, having never played Eve, but I get the basic gist of it, and find it hilarious that someone with something so expensive would be stupid enough to put it at so much risk.
  4. Offline

While yes, you're correct, someone who knows so little about the game they're playing shouldn't be able to reach such a high level. This ship was worth tons, so why was someone with no idea of its mechanics, and no concept that people would want to destroy it, be able to use it?
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

I don't play eve but if its anything like other mmos, stuff can be brought with real life money. Either legally or buying accounts.

So in theory he could have this ship without playing the game and knowing what to do.
  6. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Agreed. I've always been reluctant in risking potential value. Especially in PvP or just large investments. That's why I usually do fundamental trading and can't start any technical trade without triple-checking everything.

Maybe if the guy was a respected and proven member of your alliance and if he'd be on VOIP I'd would trust him. And probably invited other alliance members to join.
  7. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

My kind of Eve asshattery.

Because EVE isn't about grinding and being able to play everything. One singular player would certainly know exactly how to fly this ship if he had gathered all that ISK by himself, but you simply can't do that. This ship was given to him by his corp. Making a pilot (character) able to fly the ship takes a week, max. Being good at utilizing it in battle and fitting it right is a WHOLE different level.

Hint: If you thought elitist jerks was hardcore, you've never had a fitting theorydiscussion.

Also, it's incredibly amusing how all of you are stuck in the mindset that you either buy or earn your way in EvE. You prove yourself. Most of that is done through discussions with higherups, battlereports, how well you fit your ship and when being recruited what your corp history is. Notably, the corphistory is what made me able to sell my account for stupid amounts of money to some random spy, even if the account itself had no other assets.
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

So your saying there's no way this guy brought an account with this ship attached to it?

The only option this leaves then is a guild like Boon Control letting one of its most expensive ships being piloted by someone inexperienced. Let out on its own without any of its members piping up about it being a stupid idea.
  9. Offline

Out of pure curiosity, how much does an Eve account go for? I got rid of my old FFXI account the same way, and I'd be surprised if an Eve account went for more.
  10. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Exactly the last part there. Carebear PvE corps can make a lot of ISK with little brains, and investing in a supercarrier is cool, amirite?
    But yes. He "could" have bought the ship, probably by using Plex though, but there'd be absolutely NO REASON whatsoever to do that. These ships are literally useless on their own.
    http://eve.farmer100.com/Buy-EVE-Accounts/
    Mine had 35 million SP, but it was bought solely for the corp history.
  11. Offline

yeah, sold my FFXI account for more than the highest account on that page, win!
  12. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

More than $3000? 'm impressed.
  13. Offline

yup, only just.
  14. Offline

Saul Community Member

Maskerad Lol at the "Fitting Theory Disscussion", Ive had loads of heated debates about the best way to fit Gallente Ships for Wormholes.. Due to lack of Broadband ive not been on in a while. However ok the dude may have been able to fly the ship but he sure as hell would have no idea how to fit it.

Atm I believe 1 Plex is worth around 400Mil, 1 Plex = $30, so roughly a loss of $2000, anyone who can just pile that into a game is probably either very rich or very spoilt, either way probably deserved to loose it.
  15. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Dude don't even mention it, I have lost FRIENDS over fittingdiscussions. :(
    Thankfully I don't play anymore, that game did BAD things to me.
  16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I predict Fozia will show up in less than 10 mins with a suggestion of worse things he'll do.....
    Time starts....,
    NOW
  17. Offline

to be honest I was thinking the same thing, I just wasn't intending to post it in a rapey manner like fozia manages.
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Almost 2hrs since Maskerad set Fozia up for an epic chat-up line and he hasn't went for it....?

Is he dead ?
  19. Offline

gir Veteran BOON

many peeps have been playing EVE for a long time and scamming other players that is not in your alliance or isn't friends, has become a rare but in many ways a respected thing to do, and for some the main purpose of keeping on playing the game, and the bigger the ship the bigger the satisfaction, and also it will benefit your alliance as it boosts their flame fuel meter for epic scams, its the world of EVE and its what keeping many playing.
    and there is alot of ppl putting real money in to the game that can't play for shit but brags about their new superbig expensive ship they have, so guess what will happen to them when they cant walk the talk!?
  20. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

they get GIR LOLED