Eurogamer Expo 2011

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Saul, May 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Saul Community Member

The Eurogamer Expo is held at Earls Court London on the 22nd to the 25th of September.

http://www.eurogamer.net/expo/

Apart from many others, games we may be interested in that you get hands on sessions for are

SWTOR
    GW2
    Battlefield 3

Way more will be confirmed as we get closer to the date.

Games that are not confirmed, but will at least be present are

Archeage
    Secret Worlds
    Dark Millenium
    World of Darnkess
    ME3

I'm wondering if any of you guys are up for going. I Will be looking to get an all day ticket for either the Saturday 24th or Sunday 25th.
  2. Offline

Lana Veteran BOON

Ah finally, one in UK, never been to one of these, always wanted to go, and this is like 30mins away from me :D
  3. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Looking forward to news about DMO, but I guess by the time of year this is happening, we'll already have heard the news about these games for this year, rest is just a rerun.. :p
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Where did you find out that ArcheAge will be there ?

XLGames are not listed as being at the event and as far as I am aware, they are not marketing the game in the West until it has had a successful Korean launch.

Also, you know this event will be shit right ?
  5. Offline

Saul Community Member

It was a lure.. I doubt Archeage will be there tbh.., but XLGames will ramp up Western promotion around that time.

Why do you think that??
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Its both in the UK and its Eurogamer.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Currently playable demos that will be on show....

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (Namco Bandai Games)

Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts) [IMG]

Dark Souls (Namco Bandai Games)

FIFA 12 (Electronic Arts)

Inversion (Namco Bandai Games)

Ridge Racer Unbounded (Namco Bandai Games)

Just lol...... I mean I know they will get more games eventually, but that is pathetic. Then again, this is the UK, home of the casual gaming console fanboi.
  8. Offline

Tal The Architect

I went to eurogamer last year and it was so bad it was unreal. Seriously massive queues for everything except pro evo (naturally) and I just walked out - spent a few hours in London and went back with 30 mins to spare and had a go on a few things. Then got shooed out 15 mins before it closed.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I don't trust any of their reviews since the Darkfall fiasco either.
  10. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

I know a couple of people who went as press, so it was no regular grunts allowed. made for quite a different experience :p
  11. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

battlefield 3 > you
  12. Offline

Saul Community Member

Bioware have already confirmed and they say a shit load more will confirm after E3, so wait and see I guess, but for me if i'm not already in Beta, a 45 min session on SWTOR, on what will most likely be the final build is worth the £20 train fair and 45 min journey.
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Okay, so if your a console fanboi or a SWTOR fanboi or one of the billions of people who are pissed off at wasting money on DA:2 because "its a bioware game", then I guess Eurogamer will fulfill your console/SWTOR fanboi needs or give you the opportunity to punch those responsible for DA:2.

If you want to go to a gaming convention then you really have to go to Gamescom/PAX/TGS/GStar, those are the only ones big enough that I would be willing to spend money on to go to, regardless of what games were on display, just go because of what it is. UK gaming conventions are just going to be like a low budget E3 only everyone is a chav, not just the chavs who traveled to it.
  14. Offline

Saul Community Member

Is it raining again in Scotland mate, you seem very full of angst again fella....;)
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Tbh, it is actually raining. First time in about 2 weeks though. :p

I just honestly think you will be dissapointed with the event once you have had your session of SWTOR. UK gaming conventions are like a day out for the ASBO brigade to go drool over new HALO and COD titles.
  16. Offline

Saul Community Member

Maybe so, but it's all we got and just doing the typical British thing of just dissing it, certainly aint gonna make future years improve. This year will be better than last and so it will continue if people attend and dev's want to show off to the huge UK gaming community.

Gamescon was also a pile of shite 4 years ago, now it's one of the biggest gaming expo's in the world.

When I went to the SWTOR UK event, there were plenty of no life cock heads, and 40 year old peado's in training there, but there was also a fair amount of normal people with the same ideals as most of us, hardcore gaming hobbiests, who know what they want, and what has been lacking in a lot of games recently, not just MMO's.
  17. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

meh only reason to go to any convention is to go with a bunch of people just to have fun, if there's a game you've been following all the time there's a 99% chance you've seen everything that they show at the convention already unless you've got some sort of VIP invitation or something.
  18. Offline

Saul Community Member

Fair Comment, but like you say, some good food, a shed load of beer's and a few of us getting together may make for a decent day out.
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

You didn't tell me you met KC at the event.... :giggle:
  20. Offline

Saffi Community Member

seen this thread.

screen asks if any of you are actually going to eurogamer?
    afterlife got like 20 people going cuz they going for the SWTOR :p

(i however am going to go shopping in london :D )