EU TERA?

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Selenus, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Hai peeps!

Was wondering if anyone is going to bother with EU Tera, since the release is less than a month and a half away?
  2. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Anything? Anyone? :<
  3. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Doesn't seem like anyone is interested which is a shame.
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I would but like, I already played it in Korea for a long time, I have characters on the KR servers that I can play if I resub, the KR version is better because it hasn't been altered to suit casuals westerners.

Plus the EU version is going to be the biggest failure in gaming history as its being run by Frogster.

So yea, I love TERA, but playing it in the EU, no thanks.
  5. Offline

Angelo Community Member

The game in Korea is the same as EU/NA, I don't think anything was massively changed or made easier compared to Korea, what I heard and saw from patch notes was that KRTera was dumbed down in terms of levelling and that westerners (Because Koreans were bad at the game...can confirm from watching a few hours of Steparus stream) would be getting the same content as KR.

The PvP in the EU had been changed heavily during the last CBTs and is still under improvements, for example declaring war price was changed significantly;
    But yes, its Frogster.
  6. Offline

Dogoparma Community Member

you mean the Korean version is more faster on leveling?
  7. Offline

Angelo Community Member

It's the same as the western version.
  8. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I will never forgive them for MMO Murder
  9. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

hear hear. that game had so much potential :s
  10. Offline

Feidan Community Member

tera-elin.jpg
    The reason western version will fail.
    /thread
  11. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Oh you're not one of those idiots too are you? They gave them some more clothing (covered up parts so they wouldn't receive bad press in the west, mainly US), if you liked the race before because they were "cute" that change didn't take anything away from it.

Unless ofc there were other motives...
  12. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Haha, that is actually a scandal of some sort?
  13. Offline

RaK Veteran BOON

Going to play eu tera

Problem?

:p
  14. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

I would rather have elin race the exact same uncensored as it was in korea, since im against all kind of censorship.
    Only sick minded ppl see pedophile connection with elins, so... But tbh i don't care much of what they did, its not as bad as it was said it would be.

Moreover, playing in korean for me was not an option because of the ping. I simply couldn't play the game effectively cause of lag blocking / dodging. And in US the ping although better, is not optimal. I played l2 in NA and i really had to overdo myself to compensate for that :/

Anyway, regarding the PvP, from what i see so far in EU, it seems they are doing a great job!
  15. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Censorship is everything that is wrong with media.
  16. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

It could have been worse, they could have made the blood green ;)
  17. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

I played in the CBT3 and i found tera exciting in graphics, but very grindfest overall.
  18. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Well sort of, just all the Elin fanboys complain 24/7 asking for changes to be reverted, like seriously censorship sucks, but it was that or the game getting given a higher rating in the west...

It is kind of grindy, but its a korean MMO. I think the combat eases the grindeyness of it, BAMs also make it more enjoyable.
  19. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I was so excited back when I first heard about, read and saw footage about this game (late '09 after we finished Aion part 1). Then I tried the early K-Tera version and that killed the game forever for meh. :(
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I didn't think it would matter what language the game was in for you Tvar since you see the matrix anyway!!! :p