Engineer build theorycrafting

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Warprophet, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Offline

Warprophet Community Member

2. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Hey guys,

I have a very good Engineer build I've been using during the BWE's.
    This was one of the best builds in the game (better than most classes).
    I always ended in the top 3 in sPvP.
    Why? Because this build can apply the most conditions and can apply conditions infinitly.

How does this build work?

All your DPS comes from Weapon CoD + CoD on crit.
    * Your weapons can apply almost every condition: Bleed, Poison, Confusion, Burn, Cripple, Immobilize
    * Conditions on Crit: Bleed, Freeze, Burn

With Elixer U you can apply conditions even faster, which results in more stacks.
    The more stacks, the faster the enemy dies.
    With this build you can easily get up to +-15 stacks of bleed.

Now, this build has a high survivability.
    * Swiftness on crit, Elixir S (Skill and on 25%), Glue Shot, Supply Crate...
    * It has decreased condition duration (Rune).
    * Healing + Regeneration every 20 sec.
    * 50% Chance for 6sec stealth
    * Remove conditions when using an Elixir skill.

The Engineer is the best kiting class ingame, and this build helps with it.
    If you master this build, you are a master on the battlefield.
  3. Offline

Menru Veteran BOON

Firoz I love u :*
  4. Offline

Here is a DPS build with aim on Grenades, with WvW in mind.

A grenades DPS build with added extra might.

Here is what I see as a good support build, with some damage from pistol.

here is what I find a good build for both damage with pistols and support. (Good for both PvE and PvP) So traits do not need to change, all you do is change gear depending on what you want to do. I have been interchangably swapping the Elixir R with Elixir U and the Elxir gun with the grenade kit for bombing AOE. its works well

[Edit] i hate shields so i think my final spec will be a mishmash of 1 (dual pistols) and 3.

reposted to get feedback on builds
  5. Offline

Any tips on enhancing mobility for the engineer, atm am a heavy engineer with elxiris (elixir B being the only speed boost) have as a cheap temporary solution got runes of the Centaur attached to my armour for the boost to swiftness but any other pro-engineer tip would be most appreciated.

[Edit] going to try leg mods and speedy kits from the tools trait line to see if viable
  6. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

Haven't really look at mobility been concentrating on condition damage, have dual pistols with condition runes on which stack upto 25. Then I switch to grenades and Fuck everything up.
  7. Offline

stacks what up to 25, grenades with the right trait can achieve 25 stacks of vulnerability due to the lvl25 explosives trait [steel packed powder] and you get the awesome 3x bleed from shrapnel grenade on a 4sec cd, i only really switch to pistol/pistol for training particular opponents in 1v1 situations.

currently running; http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcA...fewWpFEC;T8AA2yoEQJhSFlCKqtMbJ2yulbL5WDCOZMvA

but may switch out cleansing elixir for fast acting elixir to reduce my elixir CD by 20%

or as eluded to in previous post switch out 10 points from alchemy and get speedy kits but is an offensive gimp for swiftness every time i switch between pistols and grenades (5 s CD) when i could spend that 10 points in firearms and get piercing bullets for the added pierce.

also mantle what exotic set are you working on, have gone for the Carrion emblazoned for the conditon damage and power, but wasn't a really clear cut decision and couldnt find advice on the forums at the time.. may change in future but is working atm
  8. Offline

Mantle Veteran BOON

Access to stuff at work is pretty limited and you sound like you know the class miles better than me :)

I crafted the venom sack yellow set so will probably go with the venom set for the exotic as well (power/precision/condition).

I have runes on my pistol that increase your condition damage, not sure what they are but it's a buff that stacks when you kill stuff with them by 2. It appears to stay on you until you die (not sure if this is a bug). This buff is applied to you not the mob.

I'll have a look at my spec when I get back i'm pretty sure I'm running with 30 in firearms/30 in Explosions and 10 in alchemy.
  9. Offline

the runes aren't a bug thats working as intended i havent attached runes to my pistols yet as wasnt sure if it affects kit dmg therefore not highest priority.

Power/precision crit isnt a bad call by crit chance is langouring down at 22% atm with ~1k power

[caught writing posts at work will finish later also]
  10. Offline

Axle Community Member

what is the gear choice m8 for this build ?
  11. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

It was prec tough CoD and melandru runes.
    You can not stack up 15 bleeds anymore, they nerfed the pistol.
    But you should still be able to deal a massive amount of condition damage.

edit: I just tested this build again, 10 stacks is the maximum. still decent tbh.
  12. Offline

Axle Community Member

cheers m8 :)