End game raiding revealed

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Lilith, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Lilith Community Member

2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Fixed.
  3. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Looks like a "new" approach to raiding content, but overall it's just another rift. Can't ay that for sure, but might get a bit grindy at the end if there will be no other raiding options.
  4. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Nice vid, we need a l33t officer i think !
  5. Offline

Lilith Community Member

About those 10 man rifts.. I didn't quite catch it tbh. So once we start it every1 can join and help but only the first 10 will get drops? How does the game recognize who were the initial 10? What if you get ganged and wipe by defiant and they finish the content for you? On a side note there will be some awesome world pvp on those encounters.
  6. Offline

Mizou Community Member

i guess its highest dps ^^ quite hillarious tough. we will see how it ends
  7. Offline

Ledgendairy Community Member

Well I can't imagine it would be in any other way then giving the loot to the raid group that opened the rift. Why make it complicated? As for what happens if the other faction comes and wipes you will be interesting to see.
  8. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I can,, it is very likely it wll be max contribution,, its pvp server don't get humped when doing a rift or better, watch the rift and mug the ppl that opened it,, that's the first thing I would want to do.
  9. Offline

Gekido Community Member

In the clip it's clearly said that the group that opened it will get the main rewards for bosses, but planar shards and other "rifty" stuff will be given aswell i guess and it WILL depend on contribution.
  10. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

It also said something about instancing that 10-man rift so that the openers could not be griefed. Gotta listen to it again..
  11. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

This makes me sad.. :(
  12. Offline

Saul Community Member

I watched the Rift End Game PvE Vid on G4 the other night and they stated that the Rift raids would be open to the Public to help, but all the main loot would only be for the group that opened the Rift, those not in the group who rock up to help, will get token loot like Plainright, etc.
  13. Offline

Lilith Community Member

http://blip.tv/file/4795611

Watch this. For the first 15 mins they are mainly talking about the 10 man raid rifts. The comment of the rift producer that Gary is quoting at minute 10 is just lame btw... It seems tho that if those raid rifts do not work as well as they are expecting with different people poping in your rift and bugging like screwing up your tactics etc, they have system ready to "bubble up" those rifts and to be available only to the group that started it.

Seems to me that trion is doing too much experimenting with those stuff and we are the ones who are going to pay for that while they are trying to figure out how to make those things work.
  14. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

They said its a possibility that they can explore. as in, they COULD put a bubble around the rift if they felt it was necessary.

Hopefully this would fall under the "not on my PvP servers thankyou very much" column

I wouldn't look at it so negatively, I'm delighted that they're willing to make changes based on feedback instead of say ..NCSoft's "This is how it is and you will like it" approach.
  15. Offline

Lilith Community Member

I agree. I do hope for the best and I do like trion's idea to give the community a chance to vote for what they want, however changes based on what the community wants will either take too much time to be made or they will end badly. Maybe if they present us with some ideas they were working on and then let us pick the one that would be best is going to be much easier for them to sort things out.

We just have to wait and see how things work out. Trion have proven to be dedicated about their work so im sure they won't leave it as it is.
  16. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Oh yeah I agree, listening to the community too much can be bad but they seem to know what they're doing so far. Just hope it continues