Enchanting: A How to Guide for Tera

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Shantotto, Mar 24, 2011.

Welcome to the BOON Control Community!
You're currently viewing our site as a guest user. or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions - as well as removing advertisements!

1. Offline

Shantotto Guest

First up, you need to know if your item is enchantable or not.

eg. Unenchantable:

[IMG]

If it is enchantable, it will have a +3/6/9 underneath the item.
    For example:

[IMG]

I need +3 enchant to activate the bonus stat on the item.
    Every level of enchant will add to the item stats ( not just activating the bonus when you get to the bonus level ).

[IMG]

To enchant items, you need some reagents, purchaseable from the general goods vendors for 262gold a pop, and a similar level item to the one you wish to enchant.

You simply press T, drag the item to the box that pops up ( assuming you have sufficient reagents - it will automatically add them ), and then drag the item you wish to destroy to try and enchant.

The additional item will be lost, however if the enchanting process FAILS, the base item will likely not delevel.

You can CRITICAL FAIL in which case it will go from eg +4 to +3. but it's a low % chance.

eg my item is +4, and my enchant fails - my item is still +4.

Reagent:

[IMG]

THE ITEM YOU WISH TO DESTROY MUST BE THE SAME TYPE AS THE ITEM YOU WISH TO ENCHANT.

eg you need boots to try and enchant boots.
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

The actual consumed item doesn't have to be enchantable itself right? So EG: you want to enchant your swords that are enchantable with a green sword same level but without the enchant bonus it will work right?
  3. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I think so, but soulbound items cannot be used iirc.
  4. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

This is correct.

Best example of plusing your items is to make the proc version via crafting and then use the starter version (white craft) to enchant the green, blue or gold version.
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

An extra point to note is that Arm and Leg slots only have bonuses for +3, whereas Chest and Weapon slots have +3, +6 and +9 bonuses.
  6. Offline

Shantotto Guest

You can go over the bonus level, but I'm thinking maybe only by +1 as I had my boots at +4 last night, and didn't go up or down 5 times in a row then crit failed twice down to +2, then back to +3, down to +2, back to +3 :p
  7. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I have my boots at +6, so I'll guess that its roughly the same mechanic as in Aion, but as your leveling its probably not worth going over the bonus tbf.
  8. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Pffft gold boots w/ runspeed are pretty much irreplaceable imo :p The extra kiting ability makes it so much better than any minor armour upgrade. ( for archer anyway )

They also give 10% to something I'm not sure about.
  9. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Screenshot and I'll translate for ya :)
  10. Offline

Shantotto Guest

They are the gold boots in the OP :p 3rd pic down.
  11. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

want to buy bigger image :(
  12. Offline

Shantotto Guest

that's pixel for pixel size accurate, a full size screeny will still show as the same size.
  13. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

14. Offline

Angelo Community Member

How long does it take to delete a character?
  15. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Over level 5, it takes a full week.
  16. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Ouch. Should have asked before aha thank god I tested some and deleted them straight after : D
  17. Offline

Shantotto Guest

You get 8 character slots per server so it's not that big a deal unless you did it with a name you want to use :p
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Its just the fact I should have maybe tried out classes on another server then on mystel haha : D