Elementalist LVL80 Gear

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Jame, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Offline

Jame Community Member

Ok, since we apparently need to think about it... does anyone have good links to read? Trying to weed out guru, but so much rubbish there. Otherwise not really able to find that much.

When thinking about WvWvW enemies seem to crumble before you got the time to get a big aoe off, so I doubt condition damage is much worth there. My guess is to go with power/might/vitality?
  2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I approve of this post :D get stuck in guys,, erm and girls!
  3. Offline

HardKoar Community Member

If you are planning on a Water ele , yes , vita power thoughness is what I would go for .
  4. Offline

Jame Community Member

Can't really decide... but think I want to go more on the attack mode. :/
  5. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Full burning AoE zerg fuck up spec, Power, Precision, Condition. :D
  6. Offline

Jame Community Member

You know... when we jump attack the enemy zerg, I hit my number 5 fire skill (the aoe), they're freaking all dead before it goes off. :p Talk about long casting.
  7. Offline

Mash Butan - Kettle Community Member

Yeah, it does relatively little outside of an extended AoE period. If it looks like shit is going to go down fast, I concentrate on control quite a lot instead. I generally tend to run in and Unsteady Ground, Eruption, Lava Font (AoE might combo), Blaze, then drop Frozen Ground to snare them up, Healing Rain to get regeneration up on our melee duders, throw a Static Field toward the exit points to catch runners and THEN start thinking about lobbing up Meteor to finish anything off that's still around, then work my way around to a Geyser (when hopefully Burst is up for the the wider AoE heal). Then mash F (which I invariably forget to do). :D

Meteor seems much better for extended 'shock and awe' area denial on bridges, tunnels, doorways and other choke points.

Oooh edit - have you guys actually tried Frost Bow in WvW? That thing's AoE is completely insane. Makes Meteor look like tickling.
  8. Offline

Jame Community Member

Mm. I have tried to vary it a bit, but haven't noticed a big difference. I'll try to concentrate more on the CC and see how it goes. The funny thing is, that when I was running with a scepter/dagger last night, I got more loot than I ever got with a staff. Of course most I've ever gotten, was when hitting with a ballista... melee have it so easy if they can be on siege equipment. :p
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I love when elementalist drop that flamesword

its amazin
  10. Offline

Jame Community Member

Thanks to you, I equipped that elite skill last night. It sure is a fun skill to have, but the other sword doesn't always get grabbed by others. :/

Anyway. Since I hit 80 last night, I want to know your opinions what gear to go for first. And should I try to get an exotic weapon or armor as first priority? I have now ~300 badges so I could possibly get the exotic staff after tonights WvWvW run. And wth should I do with my 120k karma? That's a lot of cooking supplies... :p
  11. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

weapon is most important imo. Since you are range and hopefully pretty safe in the back nuking ppl, u want to max dmg first

edit: the stuff u can get from the pvp badges arent the best item statwise. (think tis thoughness, vit and power. Not sure what ele's need)
  12. Offline

Mash Butan - Kettle Community Member

If any group allows your ranged damage to stand in the back and nuke – you’re probably fighting scrubs. The first time you come up against any decent opposition in open field, they really should send their 'melee' in on your rear or try to flank you. WvW will probably always be an unbalanced numbers game and I'd expect survivability to pay as many, if not more dividends than straight up damage. The better your opposition, the more often you'll find yourself flanked, outnumbered, facing a bunch of siege weaponry or in a sustained AoE standoff; and the more useful Toughness and Vitality will be.

Personally, I’ll be going for Tough / Vit / X initially. X being a mix of power and condition damage. The Staff is a bit funny in that you’re able to land power / condition abilities more easily in different situations – e.g. you can’t really use Eruption particularly well in a moving fight – but in static face offs, it rocks. If I find I am never dying, I’ll probably start to switch in more Power or Condition damage.

I’ll also be looking for a +healing set to keep in the bags for situational tactics that I’d expect to see in future; like pushing out into ridiculous damage and having the back lines burst heal through it.