Early Game Access Details Revealed

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111104-0

wouldn't exactly call it "details revealed" without letting you know how many days you got, but oh well.
  2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I think most of us pre-ordered almost at the first opportunity, so I'd expect to get access by the 15th or 16th at the latest.
  3. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

yeah I know, i still find the title a bit misleading though :p
  4. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

guess i gotta preorder in the close days then!
  5. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

be nice to know for sure soon as i gotta plan my whole xmas around swtor this year :D
  6. Offline

Happos Community Member

I don't know where I read this but, I think it they've given hints about preordering the collector's edition gains you five days of early game access whilst preordering standard or digital edition gains you three. Seems logical atleast.
  7. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

nah, they originally stated that CE was 6 days and Standard edition was 3 days before changing their mind. Steven Reid (one of the community managers) has repeatedly stated on Twitter that the amount of time is strictly based upon when you redeemed the preorder code and not what version you preordered.
  8. Offline

Happos Community Member

Looking forward to five days of early game access then if that's the case!
  9. Offline

Jende Community Member

i entered my code at the end of September i really hope that i can start on the 15th , because i already took vacation from that day.
  10. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I haven't got my code yet wtf...
  11. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

Have you actually ordered it yet Chops?
  12. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Aren't you supposed to get it by mail the same instant you pre-order it? Look through your e-mails man.
  13. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I got myself a physical pre-order box that had the code.
  14. Offline

Felby Community Member

bought it on origin in july when it got released, started wondering about this code thingy, seems it got instantly applied when you bought it there
  15. Offline

Pauleh Veteran BOON

just quoting to wonder where u ordered from xom?

or anyone else for that matter, im a bit late joining the band wagon and would like (even tho im propbably too late for it) a chance at atleast some early access but dont wanna order from the main site, its 44.99 on the main site and 39.99 on play.com (which says about the early access too)

obviously i wanna order this asap so i'm hopefully gonna be able to order it tomorrow just wondering if anyone else has ordered it from play or amazon or other sites and can confirm you get the chance at early access with them too while waiting for the hardcopy to arrive
  16. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

I doubt any retailers still have pre-order early access codes left, but don't quote me on date. Your best option would probably be contacting the retailer directly and ask them if you'd get an early access code still if you ordered from them.
  17. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Whatever you do, do not order from play.com - you'll not receive the game in time. Best bets for access to head start are Origin for digital or Game.co.uk / Amazon.co.uk for physical boxes. High street retailers like Game and Gamestation will accept pre-orders and you will get a physical box with the headstart code in it.
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Amazon are super quick with the code, but obv no digital bonuses (but for £20 extra for origin I couldn't give a shit about special stuff)
  19. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I decided to pay a bit more so I would be certain it gets here in time and I have early access, so went for a local dutch shop. Can't help you there, I'm afraid.
  20. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

I bought from the uk amazon. so since i live in belgium, i probably wont be able to play for a few days after the headstart.

Cheapest price around. :p