Early Access Details

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shaftsplitter, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

from http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111207
    It seems that Early Access is now for up to 7 days - this is confirmed on Twitter by Stephen Reid (https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw)

Edit: It also means that server information should be forthcoming in the next couple of days
  2. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.
  3. Offline

Bluff Community Member

i pre ordered a bit late, hope i dont miss much :(
  4. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

13th O_O
  5. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

When does Early Game Access begin?

Early Game Access will begin on December 13th, 2011 , 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET), seven days prior to the official launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic. The length of your Early Game Access period will vary depending on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. The speed of your download of the Game may also affect when you start playing.

When does Early Game Access end?

Early Game Access will end shortly before Star Wars: The Old Republic officially launches on December 20th, 2011, at 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET). We will be bringing down all servers for a short period of time before the launch of the Game. Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to launch.

After Early Game Access ends, will I get to continue to play my character?

Yes. All characters created during Early Game Access will continue to be available in the live Game. There will be no ‘grace period’ post launch in which those who are in Early Game Access will be able to continue to play the Game at launch without completing the following required steps for launch:

1. Fill out your contact information
    2. Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account
    3. Redeem a Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)
    4.Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code

You will have the option of completing these steps during the Early Game Access period so that you are ready to play upon the Game’s official launch.
  6. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

haha, I just took the 15th and 16th off work because that's when I thought the 5 days early access begins, but now it's sooner? still pleased, but might try and book more time!
  7. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

i did the same but if i understand this correctly you dont get ur email until ur actually able to play...taking another 2 days off and might not be able to play sucks ;/
  8. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

note, there wont be any grace period as per the updated FAQ i posted above.
  9. Offline

i figure i'll probably be one of the first ones in, as soon as they made pre order available i had purchased and redeemed code as soon as i could. might be wrong, but whatever, more days off work is more days off work!
  10. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Time to put on the serious face
  11. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

couple of my friends already have their CE boxes at home :E
  12. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

i got confirmed by amazon-cs that my CE box won't be here till 19th or 20th -.-
  13. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Amazon says mine won't arrive til after the 25th, it's outrageous.

I expect them to backtrack and offer players some sort of grace period or they'll have an angry mob at their doorstep, xmas is a mess with deliveries.

Would it perhaps be wiser altogether to cancel my pre order on the grounds of delayed delivery and just buy the box at a store on release day?
  14. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

I had issues with Amazon with aion also, took them until same day to give me preorder code.

Any preorders now I go with the games suggested retailer as they are less likely to feck it up. Not sure what you should do sel :/
  15. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You in the UK? Mines 19th-20th so maybe just overseas delay?
  16. Offline

yep, i bought from origin, overhiked price is worth none of the worry of how soon ill get to play, how far behind i might fall and whether disks will show up on time.
  17. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Each to their own. Personally I think it's not worth the extra money, but did think buying a second minecraft account was worth it lol.
  18. Offline

i've always been a bit slack with my money. convenience > monetary amount for me.
  19. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

same as bluff i ordered mad late
  20. Offline

Pro Community Member

If you Preorder off origin will you be able to play it on the pre release?