Dungeon Guide ~ Citadel of Flames Speed Running (spoiler inside)

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Vissarion, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

The Citadel of Flames is the Charr level 70 Story and 75 Explorable dungeon. Currently this is one of the hot spots (Heh) for high end players, as you can run this dungeon extremely quickly for good cash flow and also it contains one of the coolest looking armor sets in the game.

You can see the token requirements and preview the Armor + Weapon sets at Lions Arch near the Dungeon Token vendors (Fort Marriner Waypoint)
    The Citadel of Flames is one of the few dungeons that you need to do a meta-event in order to open up. The other 2 (Not sure if Kodan needs to be opened up, I've always seen it opened.) are the Crucible of Eternity in Mount Maelstrom and The City of Arah in the Cursed Shore.

For the first dungeon completion of the day, you'll earn 15 bonus Tokens + 5 from each chest in the dungeon. This totals out to 30. On every subsequent completion of the day, you earn 5 bonus tokens + 5 from each chest in the dungeon, this totals out to 20. Each dungeon depending on level, also rewards some silver. In the Citadels case, explorable mode rewards 25 silver.

ONTO THE DUNGEON

In this guide, we'll visit the easiest and fastest route, in future guides, I may write up how to complete all paths. Your group should all have a ranged weapon set for the final boss.
    MAP MADE BY ME: http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee353/DaemonLasher/600px-Citadel_of_Flame_map.gif
    Start out by having 1 person run towards the path selection and everyone else running to the Blue Dot indicated on the map I've provided. Everyone picks Magg as the scout to help. As soon as that's done, some Flame Legion will spawn, kill them and move up as fast as possible towards the next objective. As soon as Magg moves into the room to investigate, gather around the mound that the devourer nest will spawn out of. Kill the nest, then clear the mobs, repeat for the next area. The first nest event will spawn Silver difficulty devourers while the second will spawn regular ones. The second has 6 nests to work through however, and a very high amount of devourers being spawned, so time is key. Once you've finished this, move up the path towards the 3 Flame Legion, either engage them in the room or pull them out, just watch the fire wall's they throw up.

THE TAMER

This is a rather easy boss. Stick to using multi target abilities and you'll wipe any devourers he spawns. At roughly 20%, he'll take about 10-15 seconds and then blow his horn a final time to summon a Siege Devourer. At this point, switch to dpsing the boss as fast as possible, and having one person blind the Devourer if you couldn't kill the boss before it spawned.

Next, move to the Green Dot I've put on the map. For this part of the dungeon, you need to run bombs to Magg for him to disarm. Have 4 players quickly run to the back/top and position themselves for the hardest orbs to reach, then the 5th player start the event. As the final bombs are coming in, have someone (without a bomb to disarm) jump down to the Purple Dot (Oracyte) and wait there for the ability to interact with the Oracyte. As soon as you've interacted, have everyone run to the Cyan dot, then have all of you attempt to make their way over to the Magmacyte (2nd Cyan dot). As soon as you reach the Magmacyte (some of you will probably die), try to lose aggro by jumping up on the rocks behind it. Magg will collect the Magmacyte, and a way point will spawn back at the disarming location. Take this, jump down; grab the chest and retake the waypoint.
    Move across the bridge, there will be 2 Smokelord's ahead in the ritual room, pull 1 of them if you want to be safe, or pull both if you're confident you can kill them extremely quickly before your party wipes. Watch for any lavafonts they create, those turn into bombs and will often down a player. Talk to Magg after dispatching the two, then quickly switch out any of your heals/utilities/elite for survival ones. The only thing you need to do here is have the entire party kite mobs for about 60 seconds. If your party wipes at about 95%, you should still finish the event. Grab the chest and move into the Final Room.

BAEEEELLLLLL

Assign 4 players to a priest, and one player to aggro the boss. The person who aggro's Bael, try to keep him on you and run to the center crystal. The 4 players need to sync and kill all 4 priests at the same time ideally, and then everyone DPS's the Crystal. If you have an extremely well geared party, you MAY be able to kill it in one rotation. If not, repeat this process and you're done the dungeon. Ele's are probably the most useful class here to kill the Crystal.

All in all, this should take you 20-30 mins if your group is average and 15-20 if your group is well geared and prepared.
    My personal best is 15:13, could have been lower then 15 if we didnt make mistakes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/zeya0/slender_man_coming_at_you_with_a_dungeon_guide/
  2. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

Thanks, that is a very nice guide :)
    Now I only need people willing to run this with me on a daily basis :(
  3. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

I would :eek: grab the rest of the german posse and me and i'll find whatever else we need!
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Im up for dungeons every evening
  5. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

I'm for this as well, particularly during weekends, as long as it does not conflict with WvW times.
  6. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

ok cool I'll check this afternoon when a bunch of you are on whos available and willing to go :)
  7. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

i will join too, but after this weekend.
  8. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

ditto.

I can't really during the week due to work (even though I work from home) and the WvW in evenings
  9. Offline

Spud Community Member

im in for this after WvW or weekend afternoons etc.
  10. Offline

afternoon?! evening bro, evening!

I don't get home til like 6pm most evenings :(
  11. Offline

Fokkie Veteran BOON

Im up for doing Citadel alot.
  12. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

thats fine, ill have it figured out by then and can carry you through :p
  13. Offline

Warprophet Community Member

count me in also ^^ whenever we ain't WvW'in :)
  14. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

There's a citadel Alot?
    uploadfromtaptalk1347448543708.jpg
  15. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

on a serious note, tonight is not an official raid night if I remember correctly, so ill be up for 3-4 hours of it. Get a couple pieces of exotic gear :D
  16. Offline

would be lucky to get 1 in 3-4 hours of instancing :p
  17. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

20 tokens a run, 20 mins per run, 100 per hour.... Unless they have upped the costs you should get a good couple pieces.
  18. Offline

Haze Community Member

Damn it I knew they were lying when they told me hours had only 60 minutes.
  19. Offline

if you include instance bugs, failure to get the end reward correctly, and me failing repeatedly, it equates to no pieces for anyone!
  20. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

DERP.. .
    I've been spending too much time around fozia.