Dreamhack Winter 2011

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Noooooooooooo, Clide cancelled!!!!

Until recently I was sporting some pretty epic Clide-burns, then I realised I looked like a douche and got rid of them.
  3. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I have to say, I haven't found the Dreamhack SC2 tournament that great (talking about production, not game quality).

I don't know if I have just grown to be spoiled with the high broadcasting standards of GSL and MLG, but I just find the Dreamhack event has been really average. The games that I have seen have been good, nothing wrong with the quality of the matches, but the overall tournament just feels really "meh".

I dunno if its just me ?
  5. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Coul you elaborate on that? I mean, 3 streams with good casters and with great quality (though it slips at moments) for free satisfy me.

Pity so little Koreans though, EU tournament ftw.

Oh and boo at Grubby dropping out after winning 2 games.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I dunno what it is Xom.

The casters are good, the games are good, but it still just doesn't feel as awesome as an MLG weekend or even your average day of GSL.

Maybe its the downtimes between games ? Every time I boot up the streams it seems to be "stay tuned for xxx vs. xxx at xxx" with some terrible music playing.

I watched almost all the games that were streamed on the first day, but I just cba today and turned the stream off, will probably tune in again to watch the semi-finals and finals, but the tournament has just failed to excite me and get my interest. Dunno why tbh.
  7. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I think it's mostly that so MANY games are streamed. MLG are cherrypicking hard with their two streams and open bracket, whereas here basically every game is being streamed. The saturday should be the best :)
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Your probably right Mask, the playoff bracket play will probably be better to watch.

I do intend to watch tomorrow for at least the Ro4 and finals as I am out tomorrow and will probably not be back in time to watch any of the earlier playoff games.
  9. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Aye if that's your feeling, I agree with that. Actually felt the same first day of MLG Providence with lots of lackluster games being thrown in.
  10. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i think its to few koreans mate
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I c wut u did thar Mr. McDoodle ^^
  12. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Happy and Tod are drunk, playing that game, right? WTF!?
  13. Offline

Angelo Community Member

haha, finally finished ;)
  14. Offline

Tal The Architect

OMFG at Sheth vs HerO
  15. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

indeed
  16. Offline

Tal The Architect

Looking forward to Seiplo vs HerO
  17. Offline

Karasu Community Member

I've been following the QL and HoN mostly. Those Quake players have insane reflexes and map control - especially powerup timers and enemy prediction. The quality of CS and street fighter stream commentary is horrifying. Day9 was hilarious yesterday, but I only saw a small part of SCII.
  18. Offline

Tal The Architect

19. Offline

adagio Moderator

omg that quake live host was amazing, 2gd was that his name?
  20. Offline

Tal The Architect

Yep that's him.