Dragon age 2

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Domain, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

Demo is out on steam and it looks amazing. great graphics (with options to be even better, but the demo will crash alot if you use directx11), very awesome attacks, ahhhh, this game is bound to be something else!
  2. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

ofc i looooved the first game, and number 2 gonna be sex
  3. Offline

Cranberries Community Member

I didn't find it that engaging... I felt the combat to be easier, and it's not like Dragon Age was that hard to begin with. I feel they're focusing far more on console engagement rather than PC engagement... The combat just seems to require a joystick. Maybe it's me being dumb though *shrug*. Feel like it's a downgrade to DA: Origins atm.
  4. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

i'll play it but yea its console oriented like most recent bioware games
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

ive been trying to finish the first one since it got released but the game bores me!

I dont know why! it's awesome but i just dont feel like playing it. For absolutely no fucking reason. DA origins rocked i just dont know what it is
  6. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Tried it out for a few minutes today, cant say anything other than that I'm greatly disappointed. It feels to me as a Fable III. Make sure you know what it is like before buying this, it is quite different than DA 1. I will possibly update this post with my experience when I play it some more, but for now I'd rather stick my time in something else while the modding community may add some things to improve it in the meantime.
  7. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

DA:O was a masterful piece of storytelling, it looks like they have sold out to xbox and in doing so threw out all things which made origins great in exchange for console playability.

Saw the yogscasts and the story looks loose at best and jumbled at worst.

Real shame IMHO.
  8. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Even the PS3 reviews state that the gameplay has been too simplyfied, looks like they've gone too far.
  9. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I bought this, because honestly i wanted to see for myself how shit it was. I could never bare myself to finish the first game since it was to much talking, to slow combat and just BORING! I expected the same with this game...

BUT OMG I FUCKING LOVE LOLOOL what are you guys whining about, the combat is faster and more action filled (more diablo like imo) the story is faster, no more do i need to listen to constant chatter about stuff! The cut scenes are perfectly timed and short and neat etc etc.

i love the game, i think its an improvement from the first. just my humble oppinion i think the game caters to the likes of me.

ps. i dont dare to read this topic because i dont want to accidentally stumble on a spoiler =p
  10. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

you might be right but its the talk that gets you into the story, and it was the fact that every fight was a challenge (on the hardest mode) that made the game interesting.

you dont play a rpg as a MMO, you demand movies and a good lore, story and etc., no one wants to grind, or skip the story stuff because thats the reason you play a single player RPG.

but as it is obvious, each player likes diferent stuff, but not knowing DA2 that well, i still cant agree with you on DA: origins ;).
  11. Offline

Mizou Community Member

tbh if i play singleplayer stuff the most important is story, second is a good challenging pve fight (even with changing scripts!!!) and with this said i prolly wont buy da2 just because its now fast and shit story with boring fights
  12. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

13. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

DA 2 was AWFUL compared to the first
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Well, as you know, I hate single player RPG's.... however...... Fallout New Vegas was able to hold my attention, as was the first Dragon Age game. DA2 however..... played it for about an hour but by the time an hour had passed I had to stop as it was far to painful.

I can't believe how bad DA2 was in comparison to the first. So glad I tried it at a mates before I bought it as I would have been really pissed off if I had wasted money on it.