Hsulf Defiance

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Hsulf, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

http://www.defiance.com/en/game/?CAS_REDIR=true

Shootem mmo released at the same time as a tv show with the same name on national tv (USA and eu Sci fi channel).

Made by trion, same guys who are brining Archage to the west and also the makers of Rift.

They've spent a shit ton on it, I've bought a collectors edition (lol!) but it does look kinda good. Plus will kill some time before the big end of year (??) releases archage and wildstar which we're all looking forward to.

Defiance is no monthly subscription, but they have dl content which you pay for and they haw content patches running into 2014, so they mean business.
  2. Offline

Balmung Veteran BOON

Already preordered. Not because it looked revolutionary, but because some RL friends are going to play it and it looked solid enough to blow 50 bucks on. Guess we'll find out on tuesday
  3. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i'll play it maybe...

i must say it looks as stiff as rift and thats bad
  4. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

They do have open world pvp (shadow wars) and you can do death match small style pvp too. I think it looks really cool. Rift although it has it's down points has been financially the second best western mmo behind wow so I'd like to think this one has mileage.

Im like a lot of the mmo players here in that I don't like spending time on something that i don't think I'll be playing long. But this one has high potential.
  5. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Looked pretty badass, goes live tomorrow!
  6. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

I'll add these for good measure too ;p

Shwdow wars (open world pvp)

Some pve (what's pve...?!?) Some of the mobs look pretty badass thouh lol

Decent trailer with some big mobs

The tv channel trailer

7. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Had pretty much all of those already :p (cheers for saving me the time to hunt them down btw)
  9. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

i'm still not hooked!!! Give more info

Did i just enter 120 code for a game i might not even play >.<
  10. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

LOL
  11. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Oh dear :p

Killa, you silly moose!!!!!!

The only thing I can really say is, everything Trion has touched or made so far has lasted, and made money for them (which means more content for us!).

Plus archage are usin Trion for brining it to Europe over all other publishers.

I think they're trying to turn this into a very big IP brand with films etc in the future. Could be beginning of something big, and im jumping in at the start :p

For those who may watch the show, It broadcast on 15 April on sci fi channel.

When I actually know wtf is going on in the game, I'll start a BOON control potentially for anyone who wants to join.

I haz a good feeling about this one. But I did start my gaming career (lol!) by playing quake, and I love mmos, so quake with good graphics + mmo = win
  12. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

No worries brah!
  13. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I'll be playing as well Sulfy, not sure if it will be tomorrow or not as I pre-ordered a box (which probably won't turn up until Wednesday morning).

I have a pre-order code and hope that it will work come launch tomorrow morning :)
  14. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Sweeeeet!

Gonna make my char first thing but then won't be on till the evening.
  15. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Im not sure how selecting servers works...or if there is just one server.... but i'll say on here which one I went on!! I want a busy pvp focused one however there doesn't seem to be much info on servers on the net so we'll have to wing it.

Edit: Seems like there are loads of different servers.... nm!
  16. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

I like the weapon customisation. Pre-ordered with dlc.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Is this the game that Trion spoke about a while back where actions in the TV show affect the MMO world and actions in the MMO world affect the TV show ?
  18. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Yes, the TV show airs on SyFy in the UK on the 15th April

http://www.syfy.co.uk/defiance
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Interesting, but dunno if I can be bothered investing time into this given the games that are on the horizon. Gah decisions decisions.
  20. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

ahh fuck it ill pre-order anyway
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.