Dead island - Directors Cut

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Directors cut mod download is available here.

Seems that if you install this directors cut mod and the mod Fizzee spoke about in this thread that makes the game actually playable on PC without the constant reminder of how bad a port it is, it would seem Dead island may actually be fun to play.

I am tempted to set both of these mods up and give the game another try.
  2. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

how bad is it actually on PC?

I've got it on 360 which doesn't have too many bugs (aside from the latest patch breaking some co-op saves)
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

For me personally its unplayable.

I know some other BOONs have already played it through and enjoyed it, but even they said they had more fun laughing at the bugs than actual enjoyment of the game.

It is the worst port I have ever played and I will not be rushing off to buy another Techland product in a hurry.

A list of some of the launch day problems can be seen in this link here. This excludes ofc the wrong version of the game being uploaded to Steam ontop of these problems.
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Installed. will test later
  5. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

It was definitely fun with Gir, backstabbing thugs like a boss while he charged and knocked waves of zombies. The bugs were rather rare and not gamebreaking, after Gothic 3 i have a really high bug tolerance.
    We spent like 20 hours to finish it 100% with all the sidequests, i went into the game with 0 expectations and i got positively surprised.
    Yes it is a bad console port, it has some shitty coop implementation and some weird graphical bugs, but if you overlook those parts and the lame storyline it is an enjoyable coop game.
    If in the future they patch the coop and release a sequel or expansion, ill probably buy again.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I spent about 20 hours trying to get the game to not be shit and failed.

These two mods look very promising though.

Also, @F U R I E - Did you and Gir play with only two people ? We were trying to play with three and we had massive problems with it. We could play with two no problems but we ended up having to play on LAN over Hamachi to be able to keep three people in a game without sync errors.

I dunno if it is a proper bug or if it was just a problem for us.
  7. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

We tried also with Nerien the first day and it gave massive problems, that's why he gave up and went back farming titles in GW:(
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Nice to know it wasn't just us then. :p